Saturday.

PBW Ram

Now that Reading have beaten Brighton tonight The Boro game on saturday takes on a whole new dimension and is now the biggest game of the season by a donkeys mile.

look at the fixtures below. This is in my mind what will happen.

Derby v Boro = if the gods allow 3 points home team.

Barnsley v Cardiff - is anyone confident enough to back cardiff to come away with 3 points? I'm not - scruffy little 1-0 Barnsley - the master at pissing off other teams.

Nottm Forest v Blackpool - I wouldnt begrudge Forest 3 points even though I like holloway and want to see them in the Play Offs - it would make their arse nip for at least another week.

West Ham vs Brighton - you've got to fancy west Hams big game players to step up - home win.

Birmingham vs Bristol - home win to cement top 6.

Milwall vs Leicester - you've got to suspect Kenny Jackets south london boys will want to kick the fancy leicester players all the way back home - draw 1 point leicester.

watford vs Hull - Dyche will make sure he keeps Watford honest until the end of the - battling home win.

Lets admit that Birmingham and West Ham are too far ahead to catch and concentrate on Cardiff and possibly even dragging blackpool back into the battle?

After this set of results We would be on 63 points along with boro, leicester and brighton. Sneaky Burnley sneaking up on 62 points. Cardiff would be on 65 with us still to play......

Tell me this definitely cant happen and then enjoy the next few days dreaming of Saturday.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your forcast comes off, I'll drive all the way to Grimsby and walk into Daveo's shop naked and ask, " where's the bottom feeders?"

Boycie has laid it on the line 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> so to speak, If PBW Ram's forecast happens what would other readers be prepared to do.....

Best answer gets a packet of Custard Creams......................

If your forcast comes off, I'll drive all the way to Grimsby and walk into Daveo's shop naked and ask, " where's the bottom feeders?"

Daveo lives in Grimsby?. wow, and i may just put a million on that happening.. lol. jokes

They do NOT become a real possibility.

I, like Clough, and indeed anyone who has lived through this sort of situation before will know its virtually impossible to reach the playoffs.

The only time it becomes a real possibility is if we win the next three, and IF results go our way heading into the final sunday when we win our forth in a row.

Theres a massive difference between 5 points behind 6th place with the worst goal difference possible, having 5 teams between us

AND

just being 5 points behind 6th place.

I dont EVER remember a team making the championship playoffs with less than 70 points before, and 3 wins out of 4 and 69 points again aint gonna make it this year either.

So to the guy who says the boro game is the biggest of our season.

Give over.... we are mid table, with barely anything to play for.

Our biggest games of the season were when we had lost 6 on the spin and were sliding down the table towards relegation!

I, like Clough, and indeed anyone who has lived through this sort of situation before will know its virtually impossible to reach the playoffs.

The only time it becomes a real possibility is if we win the next three, and IF results go our way heading into the final sunday when we win our forth in a row.

Theres a massive difference between 5 points behind 6th place with the worst goal difference possible, having 5 teams between us

AND

I dont EVER remember a team making the championship playoffs with less than 70 points before, and 3 wins out of 4 and 69 points again aint gonna make it this year either.

Our biggest games of the season were when we had lost 6 on the spin and were sliding down the table towards relegation!

Haha, I said its a real possibility. Not probability. Saturday is whats known as 6 pointer. Whether you like it or not, we CAN get into the play-offs this season. If we win the next 4, I believe that we will finish 6th. You seem dead set on finishing mid-table and say that it won't happen. Nobody on here is saying it will, just that it can. That my friend, is what makes you wrong.

AND

Obviously because you're old, you're right.

• Birmingham v Bristol City – Match Betting
  • West Ham v Brighton – Match Betting
  • Watford v Hull – Match Betting
  • Burnley v Coventry – Match Betting
  • Nottingham Forest v Blackpool – Match Betting
  • Millwall v Leicester – Match Betting
  • Derby v Middlesbrough – Match Betting
  • Barnsley v Cardiff – Match Betting

• Birmingham @ 1.44
    • West Ham @ 1.67
    • Watford @ 2.20
    • Draw @ 3.25
    • Burnley @ 2.10
    • Nottingham Forest @ 2.25
    • Draw @ 3.20
    • Millwall @ 2.50
    • Draw @ 3.30
    • Derby @ 2.62
    • Barnsley @ 3.40
    • Draw @ 3.25

£16.00 O/0823279/0000339/F 11 Apr 12 / 12:21 Eightfold(s)

• Derby v Middlesbrough – Match Betting
      • Burnley v Coventry – Match Betting
      • Birmingham v Bristol City – Match Betting

[*]Derby @ 2.62

[*]Draw @ 3.30

[*]Nottingham Forest @ 2.25

[*]Draw @ 3.20

[*]Burnley @ 2.10

[*]Watford @ 2.20

[*]Draw @ 3.25

[*]West Ham @ 1.67

[*]Draw @ 3.30

[*]Birmingham @ 1.44

[*]Barnsley @ 3.40

[*]Draw @ 3.25

Lots of info but basically that's the bet. Promise is made and is in print.

Two bets - cos I wasn't 100% dure on Milwall leicester - on the second bet covered the same selections but added Milwall with a home win or a draw.

We need Home wins (bankers) from Derby, Burnley and Brum - the rest can either be home wins or draws.

Come on you rams. Come on me!!

It'd be nice to have the Welshies crapping themselves when we go 1-0 up at their place, even if its only for 10 minutes. Part of being a football fan is thinking the unthinkable then being depressed when reality hits. Win a couple = champions, lose a couple = Clough out/Board out. I'm enjoying this speculating on playoffs.

It'd be nice to have the Welshies crapping themselves when we go 1-0 up at their place, even if its only for 10 minutes. Part of being a football fan is thinking the unthinkable then being depressed when reality hits. Win a couple = champions, lose a couple = Clough out/Board out. I'm enjoying this speculating on playoffs.

I wouldn't call scoring a goal at Cardiff "unthinkable". I'd be pretty disappointed if the day came where the general consensus was that Cardiff City are THAT MUCH better than us.

btw (ntn to do with the thread), you're next post is you're 1000th. Make it a good'en.

AND

I agree with you fully Jager. Apart from the biggest game bit. we've got the tiniest squeak and if anyone had said that 15 games ago - they'd have been laughed out of town. This game is HUGE, if we win it and still miss out on play offs these lads need to know they can beat sides like Boro, they need to know they can go to leeds and win, go to forest and win.

I DO NOT THINK FOR ONE SECOND WE WILL MAKE IT - BUT I AM GOING TO STAY EXCITED UNTIL WE CANT.

(not shouting but caps are there for added emphasis.)

I've seen this management team in this exact situation before. They missed out year one, got done in a dodgy semi final year two and year 3 their win rate was at 70% and they left Burton 13 points clear.. That's why I'm relaxed enough not even to care, I know eventually we're going up.

My head tells me we'll draw at Cardiff win the rest and STILL finish 3 points short. My heart wins every time.

Archived