Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno where this Keogh was a free transfer thing came from, Carlisle paid on undisclosed fee for him and Coventry agreed a fee for him due to him being under 24 and leaving Carlisle out of contract.

Where do you get your info , cos it says different on Soccerbase and Wiki

Where do you get the800k from, no one in Coventry seems to know about it, don't you think they would have said so in the forum ???

Like...

It's on Wikipedia (unrealiable I know) too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/coventry_city/8769567.stm

Keogh, 23, is manager Aidy Boothroyd's fourth summer signing and will arrive for an undisclosed fee.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/carlisle_united/7574010.stm

The former Republic of Ireland Under-21 captain, 22, has moved to Brunton Park on a two-year deal from Bristol City for an undisclosed fee.

I like this ****. Some time ago Shackell was our best defender, leader blah blah... Now when our useless Board and spinless moronic manager SOLD him for NOTHING, he suddenly became a "journeyman", judas, swine, ****** wonker e.t.c. Oh dear.

"Clough and board out"

Why do people even both to write this? What do those four words achieve? Will they hasten their departure?

Nah, everyone always write that but they're hollow words. Even two seasons ago at the height of the unpopularity of the board and Clough, "board and Clough out" on the internet translated into gatherings of a few hundred people who looked a little bit cross.

Nothing annoys me more than keyboard warriors who constantly bang on about how it's time for the board to go, time for the manager to go etc etc and do sod all about it.

Amongst all this conjecture I was interested to see that we had apparently bought him for 750k, I thought it was at least 900k, makes me wonder did he have a 50 game clause of 200k or so which was already in the budget as it was assumed he would make it, if so it would mean that we get the money plus saving the add on, would make a bit more sense and would not be the first time we have gone to extremes to avoid paying an add on.

I'm not saying anyone is at fault, but if a player only stays for one season I haven't got much time for that player. Just my opinion.

5 teams in 4 years, 2 were on loan but 3 in 5 is a bit much. Still, he could reject the contract.

But he has not has said "I want to go", we are the ones, who are cashing in on him, to aportion any part of blame on a player who only last season Clough said "he will have a big part to play in our coming season and our future.", to me is ludicrous.

What loyalty have we shown him, he probably thinks its been a waste of his year being here, selling him after only 12 months.

Post #929

Football is a business, players know that, they know they're going to have a price tag but they don't have to leave.

Its also a job so why would you stay somewhere that by accepting the bid the club are saying they would rather have the money than you and get a pay rise at the same time. Not really a tough choice

Why would you also stay somewhere when you can better yourself at another place?

People bang on about player loyalty in football.. Why? Seriously why should a player have to be loyal to a football club.. As long as he tries 100% in every match he's done his club the service..

There isn't a rule that says when a player signs a 3 year contract he has to stay for the full 3 years.. Contracts actually protect the club more as it means players can't leave without the club making some money from them.. I've mentioned this before but why should loyalty come into it?

If someone offered me double my pay this week I'd leave.. Then if another company offered me a higher salary in 6 months I'd leave.. Then after that if another company offered me more money I'd leave.. Why wouldn't I? As long as it's benefiting me and as long as it's helpful to my career I'd be mad not to..

Why would you also stay somewhere when you can better yourself at another place?

People bang on about player loyalty in football.. Why? Seriously why should a player have to be loyal to a football club.. As long as he tries 100% in every match he's done his club the service..

There isn't a rule that says when a player signs a 3 year contract he has to stay for the full 3 years.. Contracts actually protect the club more as it means players can't leave without the club making some money from them.. I've mentioned this before but why should loyalty come into it?

If someone offered me double my pay this week I'd leave.. Then if another company offered me a higher salary in 6 months I'd leave.. Then after that if another company offered me more money I'd leave.. Why wouldn't I? As long as it's benefiting me and as long as it's helpful to my career I'd be mad not to..

Dead right - players come and go. They all make moves to further their career - why not?

The only people we should expect loyalty from are fans.

He played every game, was captain for many games, won player of the season. If he doesn't feel wanted, cheerio.

I agree that if £1.1m is the fee, it's a bit low.

He never won player of season Bryson did

If this report is to be true, then surely we have broken even?? assuming he has gone for £1.1m.

Plenty of finger pointing on here and assumptions, when none of us really know what Shackell has been sold for.

I guess we will get a better idea when the replacements come in and what gets spent. However, that will be 'joins Derby for an undisclosed fee'... as always.

[url=http://www.football365.com/burnley/7837780/Shackell-to-stick-with-Rams]http://www.football3...stick-with-Rams

[size=4]Shackell only joined the Rams in a £1m-plus deal last year but with manager Nigel Clough having to sell to add to his squad, Derby were understood to be open to offers for him.[/size]

[size=4]County have rejected four offers from three different clubs since the end of the season, with Burnley understood to have made two of those bids, but Rams chief executive Tom Glick has indicated he is going nowhere.[/size]

[size=4]"We've turned down four bids from three different clubs on Jason at this point," he said.[/size]

[size=4]"Simply put, Jason is an essential player for us. He played every minute of every game and it's no surprise we've had interest in him, from more than those three clubs, too.[/size]

[size=4]"He's a top player in the Championship and a leader for us, so it would take a lot to pry him away from Derby."[/size]

pretty horrified if this is indeed true.

If true were talking about an estimated profit of something between 300 - 500k depending on whos story u believe but whatever that figure is - quite honestly im horrified.

i question mr applebys sanity if he thinks we will challenge for promotion with no recognised CB, we're going to need to score a heap load more goals next year then arnt we !

i am totally on bored with the clubs quest to promote and nurture young talent as i am with their plans to grow the clubs outside revenues, but it worries me greatly that were scratting around for a few hundred k profit to enable other signings.

The only thing to be said is that football is and has changed and now the Free/out of contract market is no longer a buriel ground for the past it and has beens but can carry several rich pickings.

I trust in Nige to go out there if required and stregthan the side, but thats not to say that im not concerened.

if Shaks does leave then i think the board will have to act pretty swiftly to appease us cos i for one am not impressed

otherwise that Big screen we're putting up better be showing some serious good Tv cos the football wont be worth paying for.

Archived