Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

Just a question... do any of YOU have £2 million? Have any of you ever SEEN £2 million?

I haven't on either point...

Since the board have put in £7 million of their own money to running the club last season alone (the smallest amount per season they've had to invest) I'm not going to say they should be putting even moremoney in! - At least not until I have £2 million of my own to invest...

I have however been a season ticket holder for 20 years so have maybe invested £7,500 into the club? So that'll pay one of the players for a week...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a question... do any of YOU have £2 million? Have any of you ever SEEN £2 million?

I haven't on either point...

Since the board have put in £7 million of their own money to running the club last season alone (the smallest amount per season they've had to invest) I'm not going to say they should be putting even moremoney in! - At least not until I have £2 million of my own to invest...

I have however been a season ticket holder for 20 years so have maybe invested £7,500 into the club? So that'll pay one of the players for a week...

I think £7m was a "paper" loss, it was around £2m which needed to be covered. Which, as you say, would be the smallest amount they've put in yet.

Ramblur will fill you in (on the details that is, not beat you up (I don't think)).

I think £7m was a "paper" loss, it was around £2m which needed to be covered. Which, as you say, would be the smallest amount they've put in yet.

Ramblur will fill you in (on the details that is, not beat you up (I don't think)).

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Rams-reveal-pound-7-7m-loss-annual-accounts/story-15677928-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Rams-reveal-pound-7-7m-loss-annual-accounts/story-15677928-detail/story.html

That was the loss they covered... £7.7 million...

Although I have to admit to mostly just winding you up... I WOULD like to see a LITTLE more investment...

Also, just did some maths... if we have an average crowd of 25,000 and an average ticket price of say £20 we should make £11.5 million (conservative?)

If we're paying an average wage of £5k per week for a squad of 25 players we should be spending £6.5 million on wages...

So even assuming that doesn't include bonuses and we have other running costs to cover we must have been paying the guys who left LOADS of money to be so far in the red...

Also, just did some maths... if we have an average crowd of 25,000 and an average ticket price of say £20 we should make £11.5 million (conservative?)

Ah. You need to redo your maths. We don't have anything like an average of £20, to due early birds/frozen prices for renewals etc. we has very cheap season tickets available.

I think we've worked out before the avg ticket price is something like £12? Maybe? Not sure but it's a lot less than most which is why we struggle to complete financially with "smaller" clubs.

Unfortunately raising ST prices on mass doesn't appear to be popular with supporters either...

It`s easy to offer money when you know you don`t have to pay it out. By the time that contract offer was made he was allready on his way. Similar to when we offered £ 1.8 million for Hooper just after Celtic offered £2.4 million no real comitment to paying the money but it looks good to the fans.

Either that's a terribly cynical attitude, or you were there at the meetings when Commons new contract was being negotiated. I'm suspecting it's the former, no?

As far as I know we made that offer to him and he rejected it to play for a bigger club. It wasn't offered after he left as some sort of PR gesture to the fans. I wasn't involved in the negotiations, so I can't say for sure whether by the point the offer was made, he had already decided to leave.

. As a result of being in football for 25 years Nigel didn't have the best of educations and as a result sometimes has trouble expressing his wishes.

Couple of points.

I dont always agree with emj but I've never seen any bullshit from him since I've been here. I believe if he says he got that from the coaches, he talked to the coaches.

Second Vernak, quality little tongue in cheek article and I think we'd be looking forward to the saeson a hell of a lot more if that was a real call.

I'm sure I heard from somewhere that NC had stayed on at school to get his A-Levels so that he'd have something to fall back on if football didnt work. I'm pretty sure he got some kind of accountancy qualification as well so his business brain would be fairly sharp.

I sometimes think that mght be part of the reason he doesnt push for money as much as perhaps other managers with less grasp of figures or who don't give a toss about the long term future would. You're not worried if you're not staying around for more than 3 years and 2 million doesnt sound a lot to ask for to someone who doesnt have to give the 2m out of his own pocket.

Shackell looks to be going, I just hope we get enough to get a real top draw frontman in.

The part I have the biggest problem with is saying tthat Shackell would be on twice as much as anyone else at the club.

he was a new signing last season for gawds sakes.

Theres no way they would do that given the current regime.

You're right... because we SHOULD be as good as Barcelona shouldn't we? In fact if the board spent some money and they got someone in to replace Clough we would be... In fact we could probably get Messi to join us if the board weren't so stingy... and let's get Guardiola in to manage us... and that lad Ronaldo from Madrid... These seem like realistic aims...

It's nice to know that the coaches are happy to talk to people... "Hello random person who I have no idea who you are... I'm going to tell you the inner workings of my employers... that's a really good idea isn't it? And whilst I'm at it here's my bank card and PIN number... because you look like a trustworthy soul..."

What an earth are you on about? Where did I say we should be as good as Barca or that we should sign Messi?

I was just using Barca as a yardstick for the term brilliant.

Is it your time of the month?

The part I have the biggest problem with is saying tthat Shackell would be on twice as much as anyone else at the club.

he was a new signing last season for gawds sakes.

Theres no way they would do that given the current regime.

The squad."the squad".

Think more along the lines of Bailey, OB, Bavies, Legzdins, Deeney, Doyle, Roberts possibly.

To have Shackell down as 8k per week and those lads on 4k wouldn't make it sound unreasonable imo.

Just when when someone says "double the wage of half the squad" people instantly think about the starting 11.

He's been spot on before a handful of times

Clough has mentioned the business Southampton and Reading did last summer and looking at where they ended up.

Selling some of their best players and using that money to build a better squad.

Whilst we wouldn't be able to generate similar fees to what they received, we could get good money for some of our players and look to add more quality to the team.

Frustrating that our best players but in the long haul we'll be more than fine.

Didn't we reject 1.2+? Are we really that stupid to take less money than what was offered? Hmmm...?

If we was really offered 1.2million then we would of simply took it, my guess is that 1.1million was the minimum if true... I cant help but think how poor this bit of business is though, cant support an average championship players wage and ultimately with the fee we paid and wages spent, we've made a loss on selling our best player!

Incredible. Just incredible.

What an earth are you on about? Where did I say we should be as good as Barca or that we should sign Messi?

I was just using Barca as a yardstick for the term brilliant.

Is it your time of the month?

Simply suggesting that maybe you need to use a different yardstick... comparing ANY championship team to the best team in the world is utterly ridiculous...

Archived