Sky Tv v Virgin Media

froggg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on 30meg which is being doubled to 60meg next month for free, been down once in....erm.....ages, no problem with download speed either. HD and all that crap if you have a decent TV doesn't matter.

• 3 weeks later...

Both at full price are very expensive - obviously with Virgin you lose the ability to have Sky Go on phones, computers or iPad. Personally I've only had Sky for 2 years and only because I got it for half price.. When my current yearly contract is up in June I will cancel again and wait for the half price 'come back to us' offer. If it doesn't arrive I'll just get access via phone to Sky Sports for £10 a month.

I've had broadband via Virgin for 12 months and it's ok, occasionally signal is dropped on the wireless router. I will be cancelling this in August as currently paying around £29 pm for phone & broadband and never use the landline (don't even know the number)

I'm on (a) Virgin and they're pretty good. Excellent broadband and decent service. The main selling points for me are i can get Sky Sports for a few months at a time (winter) then cancel again and as much as Branson is a c0ck, he isn't Murdoch.

Archived