Sky Tv v Virgin Media

froggg

I've got a mix of the two which I think works quite well. Sky tv, and virgin phone and broadband. Can't beat the virgin broadband, and that's most important for me, but its not necessarily cheaper to have virgin tv too. Although that might be because when I threatened to leave sky tv they gave me quite a good deal. Sky normal tv is crap, hasn't changed for about 10 years, but the hd interface is really nice, better than sky, and it was enough to keep me there customer. There phone and broadband is the crappest thing I've ever experitenced though. What was annoying is that you could only make use of the anytime plus feature with their broadband, but they've just made it work with any broadband, so now I feel like I really do have all my bases covered.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm paying £22.50 a month for broadband with virgin, no tv or phone in that, but the internet is 1st class with them,.

Only gone down 3-4 times in 5 years with them. (broadband that is 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> )

You don't have to take the 4ne, just telll them you don't want it.

• 1 month later...

Just negotiated down my monthly spend with Sky. A nice Scottish lady helped me, and not even tied in for another 12 months.

All sky programmes less movies, unlimited Broad beans and calls all day and week ends! 1 multi room, HD package, call divert on the land line to my mobile for work during office hours. Promise of a blow job from the call centre lady,

Archived