What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

I've just been introduced to the music of David Walls (Ginger Wildheart).

I am a mere 62 but have to say that I really enjoyed listening to their Sonic Summer Concert.

Obviously I like the Stones, Thin Lizzy, Lindisfarne, and other greats but, although I saw grateful Dead 1970, I never really got into heavy heavy metal. (Zep, Leppard, Sabbath etc.) and could never see the point of punk, rap and so on.

I reckon the Wildhearts are brilliant. They are top instrumentalists, write great songs, and you can hear the words, even at three million decibels.

I'm surprised that they aren't better known in the mainstream. They should be.

I've just been introduced to the music of David Walls (Ginger Wildheart).

I am a mere 62 but have to say that I really enjoyed listening to their Sonic Summer Concert.

Obviously I like the Stones, Thin Lizzy, Lindisfarne, and other greats but, although I saw grateful Dead 1970, I never really got into heavy heavy metal. (Zep, Leppard, Sabbath etc.) and could never see the point of punk, rap and so on.

I reckon the Wildhearts are brilliant. They are top instrumentalists, write great songs, and you can hear the words, even at three million decibels.

I'm surprised that they aren't better known in the mainstream. They should be.

Have you heard The Hellacopters? You might like them...

[url=

Any Trigger Happy fans? I've just downloaded the soundtracks off all three series, some absolute beauties. Some quite obscure as well as memorable tracks over a whole load of decades.

New release, but has a 50's vibe. Tis a great song this but I had to listen to it a couple of times before it grew on me. I reckon this is one of Colin Bloomfields favourites, cos he raves about it.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNyhWXrLv8Y]https://www.youtube....h?v=rNyhWXrLv8Y

I love it. Next Monday got to visit the record store. Hope this will be a hit. God knows there are a lot less deserving.

Im not a music nut tbh.

but i've down loaded the old Elbow album which had the track that they played at the closing ceremony of the olympics.

to be fair, its a cracking album, well worth the awards it got.

they named the album after Daveo.

"The seldom seen kid" is really good.