Peschisolido leaves Burton

David

Burton Albion Chairman Ben Robinson said, 'I met with manager Paul Peschisolido after the game. We have now gone 14 games without winning, losing the last six. In all honesty looking at how the team played today I think it's clear that the time has come for a change.

'If we continue on our current run of form the teams below us will catch us up and we will find ourselves in a relegation battle, which would be especially disappointing considering our wage budget is considerably higher than last season when we avoided relegation in second to last game of the season.

'I have asked Gary Rowett and Kevin Poole to take charge of the team for Tuesday evening's game against Northampton Town.

'No one more than me wanted to see Paul succeed in this job. He's a lovely guy who has worked really hard and has always been a dedicated professional.'

Paul Peschisolido said, 'I've been delighted to have had the opportunity to manage at this brilliant football club with a great set of lads and a great Chairman.

'I'm devastated obviously with how things have gone recently but Burton Albion will remain close to my heart and I am sure things will pick back up again on the pitch.'

http://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10950~2663632,00.html

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

real shame for a genuinely nice guy and a popular ex-Derby player.

when they were in the play-off spots earlier in the season, it looked like he was really doing something right at the Brewers, but the poor run and slump made it inevitable

hope they get someone decent as the club warrants their league status and dropping out the league is unthinkable

Archived