Samba to Anzi

Saunders89

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

never saw that coming, another top quality player leaving England, are our leagues in decline?

It's all to do with money. Anzi are paying the highest club salaries in the world. It's likely Samba is on a bare minimum 100k a week at least.

It's an utter nonsense and just adds fuel to my growing dislike of the game and the players.

I wouldn't blame players. This modern day mercenary is part of bosman (labour legislation), oil oligarks and morale free capitalism, human greed, FIFA rules, etc. etc.. Easier to blame than resolve.

By the way, If I could get 3-4 times more money from same job I'm doing now, there wouldn't be much loyalty. We're all b*****s, some are just cheaper than others. Of course football is bit different but Samba is hardly Blackburn's Academy product, is he?

Samba is decent, but always thought he was over-rated couldn't see him going to a top premiership side and being the pin-up boy, so for him to get a big contract at a level he'll still look brilliant at is fair play to him.

He'll be on 200k a week plus I would imagine.

The Russian league is up-and-coming, every year their threat in the Europa League and the CL gets little stronger.

This isn't a sign that the Premier League is losing its crown, more of a sign that their probably won't be a crown in the future. A number of league now are starting to catch up a bit, like in Russia, and in other parts of Europe too. Not to mention the Brazillian league, where some genuine talent is sticking around there.

Surely the Premier League have to realise their global dominance won't last forever. In fact they probably do, but don't want to think about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Fair play to Samba - he put it down to the stupidity of one fan, but looking at the excuses being trotted out then what hope is there? Apparently a banana means something completely different in Russia. Also the club in question completely denied it until provided with photographic evidence.

Uefa should get this sorted out, but it's never going to happen, they're too busy dreaming up more ways of milking fans and lining the pockets of the bigger clubs.

No other excuses except for the money, they're not a 'big side' they're not in europe, it's not a good league, and it's hardly the nicest place in the world to live! Probably because his wages have been increased 5 fold, and will just stick it for a season or two and put it in the old 'retirement fund'

No other excuses except for the money, they're not a 'big side' they're not in europe, it's not a good league, and it's hardly the nicest place in the world to live! Probably because his wages have been increased 5 fold, and will just stick it for a season or two and put it in the old 'retirement fund'

They'll be in Europe next season. And the league isn't that bad, top 10 in Europe.

They'll be in Europe next season. And the league isn't that bad, top 10 in Europe.

A club with a backlog of history!

Top 10 in europe, thats basically covering every big country in europe. Germany, Spain, England, Italy, France and the Netherlands are all way in front of it! Can't see them competing in europe as well when there centre back is Chris Samba, who was captain of Blackburn Rovers, the strikers will have a field day!

A club with a backlog of history!

Top 10 in europe, thats basically covering every big country in europe. Germany, Spain, England, Italy, France and the Netherlands are all way in front of it! Can't see them competing in europe as well when there centre back is Chris Samba, who was captain of Blackburn Rovers, the strikers will have a field day!

Yes but Europe is the best continent in the world, so being top 10 really isn't that bad I'd say. The league is roughly as good as the Netherlands. And why is history relevant when signing for a club?

This captain of Blackburn Rovers was wanted by many clubs in Europe, including Tottenham. Talented young starlets like Ahmed Musa are picking Russian clubs over other clubs in Europe, and they weren't before. CSKA have kept hold of Keisuke Honda for a number of years, and have a world-class keeper in Igor Akinfeev.

Like it or not, there are a few leagues in Europe up-and-coming, and Russia is one of them. Not saying they'll win the Champions League, but leagues like the Eredivisie, Ligue 1 and the Portugese Superliga might struggle to keep up. The money is in Russia now, and it's not a poor league.

Yes but Europe is the best continent in the world, so being top 10 really isn't that bad I'd say. The league is roughly as good as the Netherlands. And why is history relevant when signing for a club?

This captain of Blackburn Rovers was wanted by many clubs in Europe, including Tottenham. Talented young starlets like Ahmed Musa are picking Russian clubs over other clubs in Europe, and they weren't before. CSKA have kept hold of Keisuke Honda for a number of years, and have a world-class keeper in Igor Akinfeev.

Like it or not, there are a few leagues in Europe up-and-coming, and Russia is one of them. Not saying they'll win the Champions League, but leagues like the Eredivisie, Ligue 1 and the Portugese Superliga might struggle to keep up. The money is in Russia now, and it's not a poor league.

Don't know how you can say Ligue 1 is being left behind when they have PSG who have owners just as rich as Anzi, + many other teams who would beat teams in the russian league such as Lille, Montpellier, Marseille, Saint-Etienne, just because one team is splashing the cash doesn't mean the league will soon be as good as the english, spanish, french or italian. It will just become like the portuguese where 2 clubs compete for the title (or scottish league if you like, just with better players)

What does throwing a banana mean in Russia then??

If I was a black footballer I wouldn't go play in Russia. I guess Samba and Eto'o decided racism is bad.... Unless they get lots of compensation.

Real ambassadors for the "kick it out" campaign.

Boycotting a country just for a few mindless idiots is just as bad in itself. You let racism win that way by letting it fester and take over.

Italy used to be pretty bad for it back when Paul Ince played for Inter Milan. Think he came back because he was annoyed by how bad it was. Look at Mario Ballotelli, there's a reason why he's always so combative. Inter fans absolutely loathed him. Think it's getting better in Italy, same with Spain, but it's still worse than we get in England which isn't perfect.

Russia have got a lot of political unrest (hasn't everywhere) at the moment, including many terrorist groups hell bent on ethnic bashing. They've got problems but maybe comments like

I'm very upset that such misconduct took place in view of children who were sitting on those very stands
are the beginnings of 'Equality and Diversity' classes in Russia.

Quite ironic really, you'd think of all the places in the world, Russia being so massive and diverse in itself it'd be one of the best places to be of different backgrounds and race. Suppose Russian histories echo has a lot to do with it.

America had it's problems but it's been able to grow into it being a freshish nation.

Archived