Formation

p.shilton

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but Nige has been saying that it will be good to get a look at Tyson and ball up front together in a run of games and then about "getting to the stage" of playing Ward behind them......just do it then! I don't see what the problem is, it is hardly that the results have been good recently so he would not want to change anything is it?

"We still think Jamie's major threat is from wide or even in the hole. We would like to get to the situation where we could play two strikers and maybe Jamie behind them because he is versatile in that way," said Clough.

Personally I think that it would be a great idea to try this formation and I am more confident of Ward scoring than the front too anyway. Go on Nige, give it a go. While you are at it stick Maguire on the bench!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Formation against LCFC then:

Fielding

Green Barker Shackell Roberts

Bailey Carroll Bryson

Ward

Tyson Ball

Bit narrow but worth a go. Like you say, what this rubbish about 'working towards' a formation. Give it a go. We're not playing well at the moment anyhow.

[size=5]I like the look of that formation but my worry is that it would leave our (average) full backs exposed. Jamie Ward spends most of our matches helping Roberts out defensively and with Leicester playing with 2 quick wingers I feel this will happen again tonight.[/size]

[size=5]I like the look of that formation but my worry is that it would leave our (average) full backs exposed. Jamie Ward spends most of our matches helping Roberts out defensively and with Leicester playing with 2 quick wingers I feel this will happen again tonight.[/size]

I think Green and Roberts will get done over whatever the formation. Maybe attack is the best form of defence- get in in their faces straight from kick off and don't let them settle. If we sit back as usual and try to nick it one nil we may well sneak a goal, unfortunately they will get 5!

From my football manager game

you want a goalkeeper to goalkeep.. bare with me, you want both full backs to support your attacking wingers and both centre backs to keep back in the centre... you got it upto now? THEN!! you want an anchor man defensive midfielder, playing just behind a box to box midfield player and an attacking playmaker... then wide left and right you have two 'inside' forwards and up top a 'poacher' to finish off the chances.

I'm currently 3rd in the premiership with Sheffield Wednesday, you'd be foolish near upon moronic not to listen to me!

To be honest I would like a 4132 formation we used it at the beginning of the season and got results.

-----------------Fielding----------------

Nayloe--Barker--Shackell--Roberts

-----------------Bailey----------------

Green-----------Ward-----------Bryson

---------Tyson-----------Ball----------

Bench:- Legs, Steve Davies, Ben Davies, Buxton, Bennett

To be honest I would like a 4132 formation we used it at the beginning of the season and got results.

-----------------Fielding----------------

Nayloe--Barker--Shackell--Roberts

-----------------Bailey----------------

Green-----------Ward-----------Bryson

---------Tyson-----------Ball----------

Bench:- Legs, Steve Davies, Ben Davies, Buxton, Bennett

That's the team for me as well RR.

I think we've upset the balance a bit for the sake of bringing Carrol in. Unless we've got him for next year as well I'd prefer we were playing Bailey.

Naylormust be worth a look at right back as well.

We worked on it for an entire summer. Got mixed results and then gave up and haven't been as good since

....................Fielding...........

Brayford.... Barker.... Shackell... Roberts

..............Bailey......Addison...

Green...........Hendrick.......Ward

.......................Ball/Savies.......

The best I can imagine. Need creativity badly. Relying on Ward is bad for Derby AND Ward.

Archived