Academy is the future, says Cloughie.

ladyram

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

selling to developers seems a little OTT! Letting those young lads go that are internationals in their age group is a little odd. I know that a lot of kids that show promise don't make it but you would think that they are showing enough promise to warrant a 1 year deal

selling to developers seems a little OTT! Letting those young lads go that are internationals in their age group is a little odd. I know that a lot of kids that show promise don't make it but you would think that they are showing enough promise to warrant a 1 year deal

Ipswich have a pretty decent academy too producing players like Darren Bent, Dyer, Richard Wright who all went on to play for England.

Ipswich have a pretty decent academy too producing players like Darren Bent, Dyer, Richard Wright who all went on to play for England.

Maybe they think that know they have a few quid they don't need to raise their own talent. Very short sighted in my book- even if things are rosy now it doesn't mean that they are going to stay that way. Most clubs are increasingly looking to bring their own players through due to increasing financial constraints also.

Maybe they think that know they have a few quid they don't need to raise their own talent. Very short sighted in my book- even if things are rosy now it doesn't mean that they are going to stay that way. Most clubs are increasingly looking to bring their own players through due to increasing financial constraints also.

Personally I think it is down to Marcus Evans wanting to make more money for his property development company, he is allowed to do that of course but Ipswich fans probaly aren't best pleased.

As i said in this post, [url= he said it earlier this year when we finnished with 3 kids on the park.

My point in that quote was i wish Glick would come out and say what the strategy is so we could all understand it and get behind it, instead of us all speculating and some bleating..... and with FFP it may be a good strategy long term ?

Archived