Your all time classic tracks

froggg

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, ramit said:

Was watching The Darjeeling Limited for the second time last night, even better on second viewing

Great choice of music too

Always loved the Kinks!

It's a tough choice but by all-time favourite track of theirs would have to be 'Autumn Almanac'...

I like my football on a Saturday

Roast beef on Sunday, alright!

I go to Blackpool for my holidays

Sit in the autumn sunlight!

They don't write songs like that anymore...

Mood dependent but here's a few that spring to mind this morning. First up, a bit of OCS...

Next up some Bobby Womack - PLAY LOUD IN YOUR CAR!!!!!!!

If that doesn't get you into work in a Friday kinda mood then this may help...

Failing that, there's always Frankie

Last but not least, a natty bit of acoustics from Paulo - happy Friday folks.

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 16:29, DerbyMark said:

Always loved the Kinks!

It's a tough choice but by all-time favourite track of theirs would have to be 'Autumn Almanac'...

I like my football on a Saturday

Roast beef on Sunday, alright!

I go to Blackpool for my holidays

Sit in the autumn sunlight!

They don't write songs like that anymore...

Village Green Preservation Society is a brilliant album in its entirety. I love that at the height of the swinging 60's Ray Davies decided to write an introspective album about village life. My favourite track is People Take Pictures Of Each Other. The juxtaposition of its cheery tune and tempo with its bitingly cynical and somewhat depressing lyrics is a wonderfully unsettling experience.

3 hours ago, Anon said:

Village Green Preservation Society is a brilliant album in its entirety. I love that at the height of the swinging 60's Ray Davies decided to write an introspective album about village life. My favourite track is People Take Pictures Of Each Other. The juxtaposition of its cheery tune and tempo with its bitingly cynical and somewhat depressing lyrics is a wonderfully unsettling experience.

Ray Davies is one of the best song writers this country's ever produced..witty, wistful, insightful and cutingly satirical at times, like the track above, and he was a massive influence on the likes of Paul Weller...I mean, listen to almost any Jam album.

On 31/03/2017 at 13:20, DerbyMark said:

Ray Davies is one of the best song writers this country's ever produced..witty, wistful, insightful and cutingly satirical at times, like the track above, and he was a massive influence on the likes of Paul Weller...I mean, listen to almost any Jam album.

First came across the music of Ray Davies on this.  Skip to 14:35 for the closing credits and a re-working of Autumn Almanac, although the programme is a quite interesting, albeit unusual take on the state of football in 1994 - broadcast the same day we lost to Leicester in the play-off final.

These two are my favourite:

A particularly superb verison of I'm Not Like Everybody Else this is as well:

11 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

First came across the music of Ray Davies on this.  Skip to 14:35 for the closing credits and a re-working of Autumn Almanac, although the programme is a quite interesting, albeit unusual take on the state of football in 1994 - broadcast the same day we lost to Leicester in the play-off final.

These two are my favourite:

A particularly superb verison of I'm Not Like Everybody Else this is as well:

Marvelous stuff Joe!

I remember Goal TV very well..I was down Wembley that day and my then-missus taped it for me. It was on all night and helped to ease the disappointment of losing the play off final.

A wonderful reminder of how football used to be.

Archived