Maguire another one going

Curtains

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out on loan and never given a chance

Yeah, cos we are doing so bad without him. Apparently he has never been allowed to train with the team because Nigel refuses to give him a chance. Same with Cywka. Everyone knows that they are the best 2 players ever to wear a Derby shirt and all the lads think they are the best 2 players in our squad. Their attitude in training and their commitment to the cause were so good that it made Nigel looking stupid for bringing them in for such low money when they are world beaters. Nige got worried about this as the 2 players were much more important than him to the club so he is trying to get rid. Same with Martin. And Pringle. Fool.

Depends on what the loan terms are. He's clearly nowhere near the first team at the moment so if it's a loan to get him games so he comes back fitter and stronger and ready to stake his claim then great. If it's a loan with a view to a permanent then it's £400k plus wages poorly spent, and I doubt we will recoup it all.

. What is this obsession with getting the wage bill down doesn't happen at Foxes they want the Prem and the lucrative rewards. I ask will we ever get promotion. ANS IMO. No No No.

We're above Leicester in the table, who have spent an obscene amount of money on players - what makes you think throwing money at it works? Do you remember what happened to Leeds when they wanted lucrative rewards? Please, don't ever run a football club - apart from forest, actually.

Suppose they don't go up this year (there's a very real possibility) - financially, they will be in **** street. I'm guessing you don't want that as a Derby fan.

Going back to Maguire, there could be a whole host of reasons why we don't play him, I imagine not least his work rate and attitude. Whether it's a poor signing or not is an entirely different question, and I suppose the answer has to be yes, it's a bad signing. But what is the point having a player on the bench, not getting games, potentially being disruptive when he could go? We have good youth prospects in Ball and Bennett, then Robinson, Noble and Tyson so if Clough thinks these players are above him in the pecking order, then we don't need him. And the fact we're 11th in the league suggests he sort of knows what he's doing.

You're judging Noble on 33 minutes of his debut against a good Burnley team, and he's had next to no time to train with the team. Is that fair?

I'm not a Clough worshipper - I think some of his activity in the transfer market is very questionable, some of it great. You just seem to think you either have to love him, or loathe him. What happened to just telling it how it is?

This is how I see it Leicester will go up this season or next under Pearson their Board have ambition. Derby will be years in NPC and won't go up under Clough and the American Board with no ambition.

This would all be different if ony Clough could swallow his pride and give maguire a chance

This is how I see it Leicester will go up this season or next under Pearson their Board have ambition. Derby will be years in NPC and won't go up under Clough and the American Board with no ambition.

Are you suggesting that DCFC as a business spend more than what they have coming in therefore throwing away all the years of hard work Clough and the current owners have done?

Leicester don't go up and what happens? Nothing, they have super rich owners that are willing to throw money away as if it's toilet paper. We spend big and don't go up and what happens? We are forced to sell any players we have to pay off our debts, we suffer relegation after relegation and the receivers come in and bye bye football club.

Don't be so idiotic and try and live in the real world.

We have a budget. Don't berate the clubs owners and the management for trying to make us one of the few sustainable business models.

We cannot afford to carry pasengers with our finances and at the moment, Maguire is a passenger. If others can pay his wage while he regains his form and confidence then great.

I do fully back Glick and Cloughs plans but it is a bit of a weird one.

I think Maguire has much more to offer than Noble. I don't think my attitude would be too good if i wasn't given a chance at all.

People are motivated in different ways. Some need a bo1locking, some need an arm around the shoulder.

Clough only seems to give the first at the minute.

Maguire COULD have been an inspired signing, but Nigel can't get them all right, everytime. He's doing a damn fine job of being pretty close though, Bryson, Bailey, Brayford, Ward, Fielding, Robinson, Shackell, Barker, I could probably go on. It doesn't seem to be working for Cwyka & Maguire for reasons we can't be certain of, but this is almost certainly down to them. Yes they have been bad signings when talking about budgets / resources, but how many awful players has Alex Ferguson signed. You can't get a gem every time.

Source: I'm soooo amazinging at Football Manager, and if a player doesnt work out, I edit him to have 20/20 at everything.

Maguire COULD have been an inspired signing, but Nigel can't get them all right, everytime. He's doing a damn fine job of being pretty close though, Bryson, Bailey, Brayford, Ward, Fielding, Robinson, Shackell, Barker, I could probably go on. It doesn't seem to be working for Cwyka & Maguire for reasons we can't be certain of, but this is almost certainly down to them. Yes they have been bad signings when talking about budgets / resources, but how many awful players has Alex Ferguson signed. You can't get a gem every time.

Source: I'm soooo amazinging at Football Manager, and if a player doesnt work out, I edit him to have 20/20 at everything.

Doing a much better job then what Jewell did! Even though Jewell found some gems some were horrendous - Zadkovich, Dickinson, Pereplopkins, Sterjovski - just to name a few!

. He should of had a sniff that's my point I went to Burnley and Noble was poor when he came on.

Sorry? A young lad taken away from his family and friends and put on the pitch within 48 hours with a bunch of people he hardly know was poor?! Getouttahere! Send him back immediately, he is obviously rubbish. Maguire has been given a chance, he was crap. I think he will come back and try for a place in the team maybe he'll get one. Clough sees the guy in training everyday, I am sure he probably knows a little bit more about it than you.

Don't play him then play Maguire and go back on Celebrity Come Dancing you we're great on that

Oh, so give Maguire another chance even though he was crap and don't give another promising youngster a go? Oh, OK....."bring brring brring brring...Hi Nige, you have it all wrong, what? Yes, on the forum, curtains says that he knows better than you even though you see the players day in day out....I know, that's what I thought, still it is Curtains so he must be right. What? Oh, ok, I'll tell him. Bye."

Sorry Curtains,Nigel says boll*cks!

Archived