Maguire another one going

Curtains

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a player is nowhere near the first team, for whatever reason, then clear out the deadwood and reinvest in decent talent. We have put up with tollerating under-achieving cr@p for far too long, at least we now have a decent work ethic with those involved in first team action.

If we start talking about Ward, Bailey, Ball, Barker or Shackell moving on for cheap money, then it's time to throw the teddy out of the pram.

. He's good enough IMO now for a shot in the first Team and what do we do we get Noble in on loan and freeze him and Cywka out. PS Now we are doing well with average Football up front the Forum is defunct because Clough worshippers are right about everything for now

I tend to agree, I think he's worth more of a go, I seem to be in the minority in that he looked like he could play and control the ball, and he knows where the net is. I see he got one in the reserves last night, for what its worth.

Enjoyed it Steve Davies looked ok but a bit apprehensive about heading the ball and when he did late on his face mask broke off. Should have had a pen when Ben Davies clearly was brought down inside the box but ref gave free kick just outside which Maguire hit over the bar. Maguire was ok but to be fair he did give the ball away when trying to create things and looked the biggest threat but is frustrated. Just as we were fighting back defence gave a 4th away. Missed Hendrick from previous reserve outing. Not sure about Rob Lee,s son Oliver looked off the pace as did Alex Witham. Ben Davies was also poor. Burton did well and it made for a good game m8

Thanks for that, glad you enjoyed it despite the result.

What exactly are you judging him on?

Seeing him play for Aberdeen a couple of times, and, like the rest of us, two and a half games in a Derby shirt. Against Shrewsbury he was poor but then so was everyone, at least he scored. Against Portsmouth he did well, and scored, the next game he held it ok but then gave it away too much and so was hauled off, never to be seen again.

I'm not saying he deserves an automatic place in the starting line up, but I would have had him on the bench more often than he has been, especially in that poor run, and probably given him more time on the pitch than he has had, either starting or off the bench. Two goals in three starts isn't bad.

That's what I've judged him on.

Archived