Sudden lack of spending?

Ambitious

Not only us, but read today that Reading and Forest(as we know) have no money to spend, Leeds sold their captain to real in some income and doubtful that will be dished out again, the only 2/3 sides in the division even looking like spending any sort of money are Fester, West Ham and Southampton... Seems like the rest are depending on loans or just not bothering at all!

Well done Tom Glick, looks like he has crippled the rest of the championship into not spending with the regulations he forced through 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only us, but read today that Reading and Forest(as we know) have no money to spend, Leeds sold their captain to real in some income and doubtful that will be dished out again, the only 2/3 sides in the division even looking like spending any sort of money are Fester, West Ham and Southampton... Seems like the rest are depending on loans or just not bothering at all!

Well done Tom Glick, looks like he has crippled the rest of the championship into not spending with the regulations he forced through 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Could be a sudden dose of reality has hit football clubs too. Not sure that the recession will by-pass our beloved game. The madness of paying some Premiership players £200k a week not to play has got to result in a miserable end for some Clubs lower down. The big boys are sucking the money out of the game. Folks have less money to spend now. There can only be one result.

We're not in bad nick, given the scale of the problem.

Years of high wages & chairmen observing success by Champ teams who haven't splashed the cash, may have motivated it. Plus realignment with incoming regulations re wages to turnover ratio (not that I think that will ever happen)

It is slightly wierd that we as football fans (not just Derby) insist our clubs embark on a cut-throat campaign to offer ever higher wages or pay ever higher fees to beat the opposition - risking financial ruin & closure just to win a few more games a season, wow. When you see Darlo closing its doors, Kettering on the brink etc, it hardly seems worth it.

This league won't be too bad off, I don't reckon. However big the gap between top flight and second tier in terms of financial prowess, there'll still be the same amount of proffesional footallers about and they all have to play somewhere.

The financial situation for many clubs outside Europe is even worse than it is here, which is good news for our league considering we now compete with many Europa League sides for signings.

There might be a lack of spending, but maybe it's club wanting to keep hold of money, or sell their assets for money, before the FFP ruling comes into place. I personally think Derby are in a better position than alot of clubs.

Change is happening in English football, and only time will tell if it's for the better, or if it's too late

He hasn't forced any regulations through,nor could he.

Whoever is responsible it is a massive step in the right direction. It is a traversty what is happening to Darlo at the moment when you look at the money that they were able to invest in the stadium and the ambitions they publicly proclaimed.

Hopefully the new rules will mean that dabacles like Darlo and the Pompey situation and some of the others that have occured over recent years will not happen so frequently, The list of league clubs that have been in administration is scary:

Charlton, Middlesboro, Chester, Hull, QPR, Halifax, Bradford, Leicester, Port Vale, York, Ipswich, Wimbledon, Bradford, Wrexham, Cambridge, Rotherham, Leeds, Luton, Bournmouth, Southampton, Stockport, Palace, Plymouth. Some of these have been in administration more than once.

We are also listed as having been in administration - in and out in the same day back in 2003.

I still have nightmares about that night back in the early 80's when we got beaten1-0 by Plymouth in the FA Cup quarter final at the BBG by a goal direct from a corner that went in over John Bartons head and we all went home wondering if the club was going out of business pending a creditors meeting the following day.

Never again do I want to see those circumstances be associated with Derby County and if that means frugal spending policies then so be it. Hopefully this culture will spread through other clubs and other genuine fans around the country will have their clubs futures safeguarded as well.

I still have nightmares about that night back in the early 80's when we got beaten1-0 by Plymouth in the FA Cup quarter final at the BBG by a goal direct from a corner that went in over John Bartons head and we all went home wondering if the club was going out of business pending a creditors meeting the following day.

Never again do I want to see those circumstances be associated with Derby County and if that means frugal spending policies then so be it. Hopefully this culture will spread through other clubs and other genuine fans around the country will have their clubs futures safeguarded as well.

I remember that very well, I was in a daze the whole day at school!

Whoever is responsible it is a massive step in the right direction. It is a traversty what is happening to Darlo at the moment when you look at the money that they were able to invest in the stadium and the ambitions they publicly proclaimed.

Hopefully the new rules will mean that dabacles like Darlo and the Pompey situation and some of the others that have occured over recent years will not happen so frequently, The list of league clubs that have been in administration is scary:

Charlton, Middlesboro, Chester, Hull, QPR, Halifax, Bradford, Leicester, Port Vale, York, Ipswich, Wimbledon, Bradford, Wrexham, Cambridge, Rotherham, Leeds, Luton, Bournmouth, Southampton, Stockport, Palace, Plymouth. Some of these have been in administration more than once.

We are also listed as having been in administration - in and out in the same day back in 2003.

I was there ....at the away leg a group of us were dressed in surgeons scrubs....... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Exactly, as far as I'm aware the FFP is yet to be ratified and could still be scuppered by the likes of Bham, West Ham, etc and the teams that will be relegated from the Prem this season.

Quite right,when push came to shove last time (I think 2009,though not sure) the self interests of several clubs came to the fore.Many clubs were in favour and I'm sure that if the 'Mail' had conducted interviews with any of their respective chairmen,they may have said exactly the same things that Glick said.Therefore I think it's a bit disrespectful to give Glick all the credit.If it does go through,then I feel this is the guy who would deserve most credit:-

[url=http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/ed/3f/0,,10794~147437,00.pdf]http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/ed/3f/0,,10794~147437,00.pdf

The apparent lack of concern by clubs like Leicester leads me to the suspicion that they might know it's going to be scuppered (perhaps after taking soundings).I'd be very surprised if this is conducted on the basis of a simple majority.

Like him or not, he's certainly got a head for business and looks to be steering the DCFC ship in the right direction, which is more than Darlington have got! Poor devils 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

The club is in safe hands me thinks, surely that's a good thing?

Believe me,I can see where you're coming from,ladyram.All I want to do is to make people aware that there are other possibilities in all of this.Our owners are in this to make a profit.FFP,whether it goes through or not, will have assisted them in this.If it doesn't go through,the very threat that it might have has allowed them to cut players' wages to an extent that they might not otherwise have been able to manage (with broad fan support).Many have bought in to this because they think it will give us an advantage (rightly or wrongly).

Should they manage to turn a profit,then if you add in the Plaza and possible player sales (Acadamy stars or otherwise),you could begin to see how Brett Wilson seemed fond of the Championship.Because of hefty accumulated losses,it's quite possible that the club could turn profits for a long time,whilst paying no tax.Do they promote the Academy in order to supply players to improve the team ,or the bottom line? I did note that some time ago one of the investors bemoaned the fact that our Academy hadn't churned out players that could be sold on for millions (I think Cardiff was the example used)-he made no reference to such players improving our team.

I'm not saying this is the way we're heading,just that we should be alive to all possibilities and continually monitor all actions for signs.

In a recent 'Player' interview,Nigel said that we're not the finished article and that we need 2 or 3 "good" players that would give us something extra.So over to you,owners-if you come up with the goods,then it'll be a pat on the back from me ,and over to you Mr Clough.I don't think he was asking for 'alternatives'-we've got those already.

Unfortunately we may be associated with this in the very near future, that's what happens when the other end of the a52 is so carelessly positioned!

I was there ....at the away leg a group of us were dressed in surgeons scrubs....... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

There was a huge away following from Derby that day and I can still remember Gordon Staniforth hitting the inside of the post, the ball going across the line, hitting the other post and coming back out again for Plymouth and centre half Dave Watson coming on at centre forward for Derby and missing an absolute sitter near the end.

The good old days when it seemed like every break went against us and being a rams fan needed broad shoulders, a high threshold for psycological pain and a very thick skin 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

There was a huge away following from Derby that day and I can still remember Gordon Staniforth hitting the inside of the post, the ball going across the line, hitting the other post and coming back out again for Plymouth and centre half Dave Watson coming on at centre forward for Derby and missing an absolute sitter near the end.

The good old days when it seemed like every break went against us and being a rams fan needed broad shoulders, a high threshold for psycological pain and a very thick skin 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I must have a negative minded memory all that stands out for me is their winner.......ouch 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> was it a qtr final?

I must have a negative minded memory all that stands out for me is their winner.......ouch 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> was it a qtr final?

..........and because it was the quarter final and it went to a replay - we were in the draw for the FA cup semi-final. Now that has not happend too many times in my life time. We would have played Graham Taylors Watford in the semi's had we won.

Ive just sunk back in to a 25+ year old depression 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

Archived