Colin out, (Warnock) QPR

Gaspode

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally do not like him as a manager. He did however turn QPR round (although due to being able to buy to some players) and I feel this is really harsh. I wonder if this is down to the contracts that have been agreed with the likes of shaun wright-phillips if they get relegated and some get out clauses or the fact that they are on so much money they could not afford to get relegated. I think personally loyalty should count if they got relegated should have stopped as he would get them back up.

Also think how well Swansea and Norwich are doing have had an affect on this decision as well.

[size=4]Neil Warnock has been sacked as manager of Queens Park Rangers after less than two years in charge.

Rangers currently sit 17th in the Premier League table with only 17 points from their first 20 matches.

A statement on the club website said: "The Board's commitment to retaining our Premier League status ultimately led to this decision."[/size]

Warnocks face didn't fit for the owners of the club. I think he did a great job taking them up but made mistakes in the transfer market pre-season.

The success Martin O'Neil is having at Sunderland may also have sped up the process.

QPR's loss will be a Championship clubs gain as he takes another club into the promised land.

If I were an Ipswich director, I'd sack Jewell and do everything I could to persuade Warnock to sign on the dotted line.

Warnocks face didn't fit for the owners of the club. I think he did a great job taking them up but made mistakes in the transfer market pre-season.

The success Martin O'Neil is having at Sunderland may also have sped up the process.

QPR's loss will be a Championship clubs gain as he takes another club into the promised land.

If I were an Ipswich director, I'd sack Jewell and do everything I could to persuade Warnock to sign on the dotted line.

Spot on i would put Billy Davies in this aswell use them to get you up because this is there limit,then get someone else in.

I don't think it would fit anywhere, ugly barsteward. He is one of my least favourite managers, always complaining and whinging- nothing is ever his or his teams fault, no doubt he'll have a decent payoff and walk into another highly paid job.Makes me sick

• 2 weeks later...
Joey Barton has told Neil Warnock to "shut it" and "look in the mirror" to see the reason why he was sacked as Queens Park Rangers manager last week after the 63-year-old hinted that his captain led to his downfall.

In a series of tweets Barton said of the man who signed him and made him the club's highest paid player: "Lost his job and the guy is blaming everyone but himself! Embarrassing, time to look in the mirror mate. Last thing we need right. Big week. Looking forward to the game against Wigan tomo. 1st time in a while we actually have a plan and seem organised.

"Not a big fan of people that try to make scapegoats out of others. If u live by the sword, u die by it. If I talked about Neil, he'd do well to get another job. Twitter cost him his job???? I can think of a million other things! #shutitwarnock Neil Warnock saying I talk to much." Making reference to the comedy about a struggling England manager, Barton added: "Now that is funny #mikebassett."

While Mike Bassett is a fictional manager who is portrayed as bumbling in an eponymous film, Barton's outburst refers to Warnock's reaction when asked about the midfielder. He said: "I don't think I want to get into talking about Joey Barton. Joey talks about himself enough and I think we'll let Joey talk about Joey. I just want to talk about positive things at the club."

Warnock claimed that Twitter had allowed players to influence Tony Fernandes, QPR's majority shareholder, when he made the decision to sack him and hire Mark Hughes. He said: "When you have a run of results like we had and you're not involved in football and you get people in your ear – agents, for example – tweeting him and speaking to him and talking about players ... there's some clever and manipulative people. I've no bitterness towards it. It's just how things go. I think you get used to a certain way of doing things but he is so far away, all over the world. I'm not a communicator by tweet, I'm afraid, so I was always going to be the last to know."

Hughes has said he has no problem with any of his players tweeting, but he may not be pleased at his public outburst the day before his 18th-placed team meet Wigan Athletic at Loftus Road. Barton returns after a three-game suspension for being sent off against Norwich City in Warnock's final league game in charge.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/20/joey-barton-twitter-attack-neil-warnock?CMP=twt_gu

Archived