Yorkshire Pudding - Xmas Dinner

trekkie_ram

I've just been informed by the missus that she isn't making yorkshire puddings tomorrow, am I right to be outraged? It p*ss*s me off that people think you MUST have mint sauce with lamb, you MUST only have yorkshire puddings with beef, you MUST have all that other **** with other meats.

To me, yorkshire puddings are a vital piece of the roast dinner, regardless of meat. Are you having yorkshire puddings tomorrow? For the record I'm having rib-eye steak whilst everyone else has turkey, so I'm certainly not traditional.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Yorkshires, coming from there I think that's one of the first things I learnt how to cook - but I won't be doing any tomorrow cos I doubt there would be enough room on the plates for owt else! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

I agree with Trekkie on it being daft to have certain sauces with different meats. I'll have mint sauce on any meat I cook, not just with lamb.

Well I've only recently conceeded to doing yarkshires with the christmas dinner, being as I have one member of my family who doesn't eat veg of any sort, so I feel a bit bad that he only has turkey and potatoe.

I'm with Uttox with the mushy peas - the soaked variety - not ur tinned stuff.

Bit of a dilemma on the Christmas pudding front. Seems that 90% of the UK product is put together in Heanor and most of the lovely lasses and lads by rights will be Ramettes and Rams. But how do you find the room for it ? And what do you do when the dark side lures you with Stilton that could well come from Colton Basset in er..... that other place next door.

Well I've only recently conceeded to doing yarkshires with the christmas dinner, being as I have one member of my family who doesn't eat veg of any sort, so I feel a bit bad that he only has turkey and potatoe.

I'm with Uttox with the mushy peas - the soaked variety - not ur tinned stuff.

the mushys are in soak overnight, 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

Archived