Safe Standing Roadshow coming to Derby 10 Jan 2012

therams69

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went really well mate!

Not the best of turnouts if I am honest but so glad we sorted and the guy took the time to come to Derby.

Will be posting photos shortly.

I am not for standing at grounds personally, but it is a real shame that after all your hard work in getting the Roadshow to Derby, that you didn't get a little more support.

These things happen bcnram!

Can I ask why your not for standing if you dont mind me asking?

Also there will be a feature on Radio Derby from 6pm, Jon Darch from the roadshow and myself interviewed.

Nick

I will listen to RD. To be honest I am not that strongly for or against so long as it is safe. I like the idea that families can come along safely which wasn't the case when my kids were young - although I still took them (character building!!).

Myself, I am too short and lazy to stand up at a match, I like my seat 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> so not one that you would want to spend time converting. Good luck with your quest.

I'm a bit old for standing all match now tbh but it'd be nice for folk to have a choice.

Is it something Derby County would think about therams69, was there anyone from the club there?

Would people pay slightly more to 'safe stand' do you think? to start off with, to offset the money spent by the club?

I'd pay more initially, because hopefully after 3 or 4 seasons or whatever the exact figures are, it will have paid for itself, and it can then become a few quid cheaper. In theory that should happen, but you know what football clubs are like these days with regards exploiting fans. Scotland will provide an even better example than Germany next year which will give an easy reference point to those who don't want to spend their time trawling through German/Swedish/Belgian websites for information.

Obviously, only SOME of the ground would be standing so those who are too old/fragile/young/small/lazy/content to sit can do so.

Unfortunately I was unable to attend last night which i'm pretty gutted about, but if Nottingham/Stoke/Leicester fans take up the opportunity of the roadshow then hopefully i'll be able to pop along to one of those.

Just like to say major kudos to Nick - I don't think i've ever met someone more committed to causes he believes in so here's to you Nick.

I'd pay more initially, because hopefully after 3 or 4 seasons or whatever the exact figures are, it will have paid for itself, and it can then become a few quid cheaper. In theory that should happen, but you know what football clubs are like these days with regards exploiting fans. Scotland will provide an even better example than Germany next year which will give an easy reference point to those who don't want to spend their time trawling through German/Swedish/Belgian websites for information.

Obviously, only SOME of the ground would be standing so those who are too old/fragile/young/small/lazy/content to sit can do so.

Unfortunately I was unable to attend last night which i'm pretty gutted about, but if Nottingham/Stoke/Leicester fans take up the opportunity of the roadshow then hopefully i'll be able to pop along to one of those.

Just like to say major kudos to Nick - I don't think i've ever met someone more committed to causes he believes in so here's to you Nick.

Shame the club dont think that about me hey!!! No problems pal!

I'm a bit old for standing all match now tbh but it'd be nice for folk to have a choice.

Is it something Derby County would think about therams69, was there anyone from the club there?

Would people pay slightly more to 'safe stand' do you think? to start off with, to offset the money spent by the club?

The club have seen and are keeping an open eye on developments.

Archived