Safe Standing Roadshow coming to Derby 10 Jan 2012

therams69

Yeah, I know that it all has to be given the yes from the government and such but getting the club onside in the first place and looking at it as a viable option is the initial hurdle crossed.

It will be interesting to see how many more clubs follow suit won't it?

Alot of clubs are privately interested, that I do know.

What Villa have done is excellent news.

Lots of fans want to stand at football legally, 92% according to the talksport debate recently said they wanted the choice. That is a high percentage.

Maybe we could get the roadshow to be at a game pre match. I know the guys at the roadshow will do that but would the club like it?

Like I say, watch this space!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only Mr Glick could answer that one - but if they're going to consider it, canvassing fans on a busy matchday would definatley give them the fans opinion that's for sure.

Only Mr Glick could answer that one - but if they're going to consider it, canvassing fans on a busy matchday would definatley give them the fans opinion that's for sure.

Agreed. So many fans are actually unsure as to what safe standing is. They think its the old terrace and its so not!

You wouldnt get any injuries on this model thats for sure! Did you hear the radio interview from the night?

No, I missed it Nick (bloody kids) 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> but I did see the link that shows what the terraces would actually look like and how they work. It's a great concept but more importantly, a safe one.

When you look at it closely, it's hard to see any argument that says standing is not safe especially as it's seen to be working in Europe.

From the clubs point of view, they might give it the green light but will have to consider how much it will all cost won't they? That could prove to be the sticking point.

I haven't the foggiest idea how much these things cost, I wonder how much it would be to kit out the SS (if it gets a yes in the future).

TECHNICALLY there doesn't need to be a law change from the government - it would be helpful,just to add an extra stamp of authority, but it's not necessary.

Currently the law states something to the effect of "spectators in the top 2 tiers must be admitted to seated accomodation only" - it doesn't actually say anything about them sitting down in that area.

Unfortunately, there are also the ground regulations which is what the Premier League c*nt person is referring to, which dictate that fans must be seated in seated areas. This was actually brought in before all-seaters in this country to ensure that fans stood on the terraces, rather than in the seats. This would be easy to amend to something like "fans in designated areas are permitted to stand". Unfortunately the Prem, the FA and the FL listen to ill informed guilt trips from the Hillsborough families for justice group and the like, rather than taking into account the views of the other 99.99% of fans.

exactly joe the ram, what happened at Hillsborough was a tragedy and it should never be repeated, however with the debate on safe standing it is not relevant. People didn't die that day due to safe standing, it was down to a multitude of factors so if anyone tries a guilt trip in my mind that is misrepresenting the tragedy which is an insult to those that lost their lives and is reprehensible.

Archived