Hendrick agrees Rams deal!

Ambitious

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zac was not a great player when Tim Ward signed him from Bradford Park Avenue but he became a great player in Brian Cloughs/Dave Mackays Rams.

Nah he only scord 46 goals in one season,

He was a great player when he came, you could tell the first game, when he came to Derby he had someone good enough to play with him, meaning one Mr A Durban, that was well before Clough, ever came near Derby.

Not sure what it is with Hendrick, he just doesnt seem to have that wow factor players like Barnes (and look where he's ended up) and Huddlestone had at his age. Think he'll make a tidy Championship/League 1 midfielder but that's about it. Obviously got improvement left in him, but i'll be surprised if he moves on to a bigger club than us and makes it.

Nah he only scord 44 goals in one season,

He was a great player when he came, you could tell the first game, when he came to Derby he had someone good enough to play with him, meaning one Mr A Durban, that was well before Clough, ever came near Derby.

Sos only 44 in one season, think he is pretty high up on the list for scoring 100 fastest as well

3k a week for a 19 year old maybe good enough average Championship player.

Thats the same as the average wage for FIVE nursing sisters, funny old game innit.

Most people if they wanted could be a Nurse, most lads want to be a Pro Football player but only the very best get through the system.

Yes of course they are paid too much but to compare them to Nurses is ludicrous.

Not sure what it is with Hendrick, he just doesnt seem to have that wow factor players like Barnes (and look where he's ended up) and Huddlestone had at his age. Think he'll make a tidy Championship/League 1 midfielder but that's about it. Obviously got improvement left in him, but i'll be surprised if he moves on to a bigger club than us and makes it.

Disagree with that he has more tools in the bag than either of those two you list. He has the talent to become an all-round Premier League Midfielder he has everything you need in a midfielder.

Most people if they wanted could be a Nurse, most lads want to be a Pro Football player but only the very best get through the system.

Yes of course they are paid too much but [size=5]to compare them to Nurses is ludicrous.[/size]

Most footballers are thick, not too many of them would have the brains to be nurses, and anyway I said sisters.

Disagree with that he has more tools in the bag than either of those two you list. He has the talent to become an all-round Premier League Midfielder he has everything you need in a midfielder.

he won't be as good as huddlestone but he will do a lot better than barnes.

Think this boy is going to be quite special and i've seen a fair few years of football now. Has the raw ingredients already and I like his presence and poise on the ball. It cant be easy playing in this team where fragile confidence seems to be the general theme. Watching the game against hull recently i was impressed to see that Jeff was always eager to receive the ball, despite some poor passes and general woeful play by his teammates(Jamie Ward excepted). He will develop in to a good premiership player in my view - perhaps a Matt Holland type but I do think he is capable of more, perhaps a Carrick? Anyway football is all about opinions isn't it, I hope i'm proved right

Wow factor Huddlestone had? don't get me wrong, he was and is a good/great player but he doesn't have a wow factor in 99 games he didn't score a single goal! He was a tidy consistent player, Jeff is a talented footballer when he has the ball to feet he can switch and dictate play, however with many young players he phases in and out of games, he doesn't have the wow Barnes has, and he doesn't have the consistency Huddlestone had... but he is definitely somewhere in between and certainly better than Bannan when he was here, by a long way!

Wow factor Huddlestone had? don't get me wrong, he was and is a good/great player but he doesn't have a wow factor in 99 games he didn't score a single goal! He was a tidy consistent player, Jeff is a talented footballer when he has the ball to feet he can switch and dictate play, however with many young players he phases in and out of games, he doesn't have the wow Barnes has, and he doesn't have the consistency Huddlestone had... but he is definitely somewhere in between and certainly better than Bannan when he was here, by a long way!

Huddlestone's first touch and the way he can hit a football is incredible, one of the best passers of a ball around and it showed when he was at us. Huddlestone has got more ability in his little toe than Hendrick will ever have.

Think everyone is massively over rating Hendrick here, he's played about 15 first team games in a poor side and people are already saying he'll be a Premiership footballer. He's tidy on the ball but nothing more than that, how many times does our midfield get over run and bossed by the oppo? Practically every game, cos we havent got anyone that can dictate the game, Hendrick certainly cant and if he's to become a top player he'll need to learn how to.

I'll make a £50 right now, sticky this quote/thread, that Hendrick will never reach the heights that Huddlestone has.

Huddlestone's first touch and the way he can hit a football is incredible, one of the best passers of a ball around and it showed when he was at us. Huddlestone has got more ability in his little toe than Hendrick will ever have.

Think everyone is massively over rating Hendrick here, he's played about 15 first team games in a poor side and people are already saying he'll be a Premiership footballer. He's tidy on the ball but nothing more than that, how many times does our midfield get over run and bossed by the oppo? Practically every game, cos we havent got anyone that can dictate the game, Hendrick certainly cant and if he's to become a top player he'll need to learn how to.

Not really, I rated huddlestone a lot when he was here but his first touch and passing was nothing special, I think the way he has gone has really tainted everyones view of what he was like here, I remember him being consistently good and was good at winning the ball and could play either centre half or centre midfield and do a good job, but he never excelled here IMO

Now then m8 was he called the King or Zac because i cant seem to find a reference to Zac but im sure he was called that . Point im making is when the King came to Derby he was 22 Jeff is 19 and needs time . He isnt a great player like say Puskas or Platini but he is great for the Rams ... All about standard of football and we are tier 2 at best.

He was called 'King Zac' after a character in a tv program that was showing at the time... just saying is all.

Archived