Forest announce losses

Tucker

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/7358062/

Nottingham Forest have announced total losses of £11.4million for the financial year ending May 31, 2011.

The figure is actually less than the previous financial year, where the accounts showed losses of £12.3million.

Turnover increased by three per cent to £15.2million, mainly due to higher 'solidarity payments' made by Premier League sides to Championship clubs.

However, staff costs increased six per cent to £16.6million with wages representing 106% of total turnover.

The City Ground outfit's losses are covered by outgoing chairman Nigel Doughty, who pumped in £11.4million last year.

When FFP comes into action...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When FFP comes in, then what? Has something better than 'not being allowed to compete in Europe' been decided yet?

Nothing more, as far as I can tell. When FFP rules comes into action I can’t see anything happening to Notts F in the way of sanctions.

FFP will take 3 years to implement fully. Then there’ll probably be another couple of years when the rich club’s lawyers will try to exploit the inevitable legal loopholes.

After all that, if Notts F are still breaking the FFP rules, then they will face the ‘only’ sanction I’ve heard of so far of not being allowed to compete in UEFA European comptetitions.

We all know that Notts F will be firmly stuck in the lower half of the third tier by then – so this won’t affect them in the slightest…

…sadly.

The accounts of football league clubs governed by FFP restrictions are independantly audited, so I found out a couple of weeks ago. Failure to comply means non-compliance with Football League regulations and may result in a points deduction, relegation or expulsion from the Football League for repeated offences.

This is going to result in the remaining 5 members of the Football League qualifying for Europe as all the Premier League clubs will be banned

The accounts of football league clubs governed by FFP restrictions are independantly audited, so I found out a couple of weeks ago. Failure to comply means non-compliance with Football League regulations and may result in a points deduction, relegation or expulsion from the Football League for repeated offences.......

Missed that. Do you have a linky?

• 4 weeks later...

Missed that. Do you have a linky?

Had it quoted to me by the chairman of a club who have to comply at the moment. I was casting doubt on clubs complying with the new regs and was informed it's not as easy as the press are making out to decide to not comply. I asked why and he advised me of the independant auditing and failure penalties for non-compliance.

I think we will see significant reductions in contracts being handed out by Championship clubs when it comes to re-negotiating extensions or renewal of current deals, especially when the FFP regs and TV revenue drop both hit home.

Archived