Forest announce losses

Tucker

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFP wont be as big as everybody making out. If they were mega stringent then three quarters of teams would end up with points reductions. Its been suggested that as long as clubs show they are moving towards being self sufficient, they will be ok.

They will be very big but there is time to get things in order next season, wages will have to be less than turnover, with a sliding scale of to 65% in 3 years.

Nothing more, as far as I can tell. When FFP rules comes into action I can’t see anything happening to Notts F in the way of sanctions.

FFP will take 3 years to implement fully. Then there’ll probably be another couple of years when the rich club’s lawyers will try to exploit the inevitable legal loopholes.

After all that, if Notts F are still breaking the FFP rules, then they will face the ‘only’ sanction I’ve heard of so far of not being allowed to compete in UEFA European comptetitions.

We all know that Notts F will be firmly stuck in the lower half of the third tier by then – so this won’t affect them in the slightest…

…sadly.

Transfer embargo and fines!

Transfer embargo and fines!

Maybe, but the intention of FFP was to rein in the spending of the big, rich clubs.

It wasn’t intended to drive the final nail into the coffin of small, poorly supported, tin-pot clubs like Notts F., who have spent too much, fallen on hard times, and now face almost certain relegation.

But fingers crossed… 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

I highly doubt any punishment like transfer embargos, points deductions or such like will be handed to Forest, or any club that doesn't comply with these rules.

But these rules are designed to protect clubs from themselves as they have, in the main, failed to be responsible. The UEFA rules for the premiership are designed to level the playing field to protect against the £400 million "Man City" situation. (And no, clubs cannot sponser themselves to up the turnover).

But these rules are designed to protect clubs from themselves as they have, in the main, failed to be responsible. The UEFA rules for the premiership are designed to level the playing field to protect against the £400 million "Man City" situation. (And no, clubs cannot sponser themselves to up the turnover).

I don't understand, i read somewhere (not the ever reliable Mirror) that Man United were doing some big sponsorship deal on their training equipment to sweeten their balance at one point. Now every bugger is naming their stadium after the nearest off licence.... will everyone be able to do stuff like this? Will Man City have exercise bikes sponsored by Samsung so they can buy Rooney for £200m??

Can they find a way around it all?

I don't understand, i read somewhere (not the ever reliable Mirror) that Man United were doing some big sponsorship deal on their training equipment to sweeten their balance at one point. Now every bugger is naming their stadium after the nearest off licence.... will everyone be able to do stuff like this? Will Man City have exercise bikes sponsored by Samsung so they can buy Rooney for £200m??

The Man City stadium naming is being looked at by UEFA after complaints by senior clubs including Arsenal and Bayern. City have no chance of complying with FFP unless the Arab sponsorship deals are approved as genuine Trading Income, not Capital Introduced.

United would have no problem with FFP as their income far outweighs spending. Interest on loans does not count in the rules, so long as loans as the saying goes are serviced.

Confusing as City who can spend anything they won't will have to adapt or they won't comply and United who are as skint as we are in comparative terms don't have to change.

I hope it all hits home as hard as intended.

I just can't see it. Imagine (for example) Barca and Real Madrid banned from Europe for a season for failing to comply with these fair play rules.

The first sign a big club who attracts money can't play because they have a bank charge someone will cave in. It's not just Real Madrid fans (example again, i have no idea about their finances) that want to see them in the Champions League. Sky wouldn't get much joy out of a Champions League final featuring Dinamo Kiev and Spartak Moscow.

I can just see too many money men caving in. Not enough people like Platini (is that the fella?) want to see things even up. Or atleast they don't if it's going to cost them too much cash.

You watch, it'll punish Forest or some such nonesense because they are expendable.... whereas if Man United/Liverpool fall into the pooh pile the rules will get stretched.

I'm a bit cynical tbf

Archived