defence let clough down yesterday

Curtains

Clough got team selection right yesterday but in a mad session our defence got caught square twice looking for offside which effectively ended the game and put pressure on the rest of the team . They battled but nothing went right I felt for the lads yesterday

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough got team selection right yesterday but in a mad session our defence got caught square twice looking for offside which effectively ended the game and put pressure on the rest of the team . They battled but nothing went right I felt for the lads yesterday

sorry but surely that is how clough set the defence up then? we were caught constantly at the back and it could have been 4 or 5, clough tells the defence how to play he set it up wrong and this was clough's fault.

sorry but surely that is how clough set the defence up then? we were caught constantly at the back and it could have been 4 or 5, clough tells the defence how to play he set it up wrong and this was clough's fault.

You are too quick to want to blame Clough for everything. He can't make every decision for them whilst they are playing. If you have to have someone to blame I thought Magiure and Cwyka were hopeless. As someone else said both central defenders were not up to it either.

You are too quick to want to blame Clough for everything. He can't make every decision for them whilst they are playing. If you have to have someone to blame I thought Magiure and Cwyka were hopeless. As someone else said both central defenders were not up to it either.

He did buy them all though.

Shackell is quality, just out of form at the moment it seems. O'Brien isn't ready, we all knew that, he's for the future. Brayford wasn't match-fit (Not match-sharp anyway) and Roberts is average.

Not sure what other selection options Clough had really, aside from Leacock or Buxton.

It's not Clough's fault Shackell was poo, when he was great a few weeks ago. That's form.

The best teams defend from the front

Clough has spent the majority of the money he's had improving an area which still ships an average of over 60 goals plus a season.. Our defence (well goals against) has barely improved since Clough walked through the door despite having a good $3mill spent on it.. This season in 17 league games we've conceded 25 goals.. It looks like our against record will once again be in the high 60s despite the emergence of OB and $1mill on Shackell..

Clough IMO has been focusing far too much time on a part of the team that isn't going to improve.. He needs to focus on attacking players or giving us a stronger spine..

We've needed a decent CM and ST for about 3 years now, how he hasn't got them in yet is beggers belief.

sorry if the truth hurts, he sets the defence up how he wants them to play, if they don't follow that you then have to question the ability of the players he brought in.

sorry if the truth hurts, he sets the defence up how he wants them to play, if they don't follow that you then have to question the ability of the players he brought in.

Are you questioning Shackell then, based on a few games that he's been under par?

And if so, why weren't you questioning him when he was playing well?

Are you questioning Shackell then, based on a few games that he's been under par?

And if so, why weren't you questioning him when he was playing well?

did i mention shackell? no I didn't, I am saying that if we consistently concede too many goals which is happening we have to question why that is happening, whether it's the players we have, the tactics we deploy or any other reason.

did i mention shackell? no I didn't, I am saying that if we consistently concede too many goals which is happening we have to question why that is happening, whether it's the players we have, the tactics we deploy or any other reason.

'you then have to question the ability of the players he brought in.'

My question is whose ability in that back four are you questioning? Presumably all of them, but why do only question it when we lose?

'you then have to question the ability of the players he brought in.'

My question is whose ability in that back four are you questioning? Presumably all of them, but why do only question it when we lose?

well i personally think in players we have a decent back 4 except for roberts, I think the problem is clough's tactics.

Archived