defence let clough down yesterday

Curtains

We've been through this mate, nearly everyone on this forum has. If you still don't get it, let's leave it.

Next!

still true though, I get it I just simply disagree and you have to admit that the question whether clough did well last season is different from the FACT that for most of last season we were out of form.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't question we were poor last year, I'm just saying with the resources available (and the resources sold) staying up was OK.

This season is different and we should be doing much better, and if we don't I'll be asking questions like everyone else.

We're in a sticky spot at the moment, but we've shown we have the quality to play better, and if we do we'll be back up the table.

If you have nothing upfront, you'll get more pressure on your defence as already mentioned.

It's not rocket science why we're falling short at the moment in defence. With no in-form Shackell to fix his mistakes O'Brien is being caught out alot.

He was beforehand but Shackell was helping out where he couldn't quite clear the danger. And Shackell himself isn't much better at the moment.

It'd only take another forward option and a decent performance to get them all on-track again. Don't panic, Mr Mannering!

good so you would agree then that we have been out of form for most of the last 3 seasons.

Yep, with very limited resources.

Out of form in terms of not being in the top half or play offs yes. But if you think that was ever realistic, with any manager in charge, you've obviously got no grasp in the situation we've been in.

If you have nothing upfront, you'll get more pressure on your defence as already mentioned.

It's not rocket science why we're falling short at the moment in defence. With no in-form Shackell to fix his mistakes O'Brien is being caught out alot.

He was beforehand but Shackell was helping out where he couldn't quite clear the danger. And Shackell himself isn't much better at the moment.

It'd only take another forward option and a decent performance to get them all on-track again. Don't panic, Mr Mannering!

Totally agree.

Yep, with very limited resources.

Out of form in terms of not being in the top half or play offs yes. But if you think that was ever realistic, with any manager in charge, you've obviously got no grasp in the situation we've been in.

What a complete load of bowlocks, except for about 9 or ten games last season we were *****, absolute crap, not bad form, honestly you pro Clough fewkers make my dongler laugh sometimes.

What a complete load of bowlocks, except for about 9 or ten games last season we were *****, absolute crap, not bad form, honestly you pro Clough fewkers make my dongler laugh sometimes.

Calm down Granddad, I'm not a 'pro Clough fewker'. I just don't think he's that bad.

As usual, everyone thinks you have to love him or hate him. Why not just tell it how it is?

Calm down Granddad, I'm not a 'pro Clough fewker'. I just don't think he's that bad.

As usual, everyone thinks you have to love him or hate him. Why not just tell it how it is?

OK then, you honestly lay no blame at his door for not getting a couple of loans in to try and ease the player shortage

Yep, I blame him for it. Does that make him a **** manager forever?

You know my opinion on Mr Clough, I will never alter, I did however give him credit for the decent start, but I knew it would not last, and also said it was foolish to give him the new contract till at least the new year.

So Beattie would not have been a better option up front than a fifteen year old, do me a favour

Is Beattie worth the full-time deal for the money that he probably wants? If we sign him, will the other players be fit by the time he's match-sharp anyway?

If you sign Beattie on a full-time contract, you might not have any wages left for a defensive midfielder or a striker that's really going to improve us.

It's not just black and white decisions smiffy, you know that.

You know my opinion on Mr Clough, I will never alter, I did however give him credit for the decent start, but I knew it would not last, and also said it was foolish to give him the new contract till at least the new year.

And that is why I will never value your opinion. If he took us up, you wouldn't change your mind about him.

Unfortunately there are too many people like you that go to the game to moan, no matter what happens.

And that is why I will never value your opinion. If he took us up, you wouldn't change your mind about him.

Unfortunately there are too many people like you that go to the game to moan, no matter what happens.

He will never take us up, I would stake my life on it.

I dont value your opinion either, if he got us relegated you would not blme him, it works both ways .

He will never take us up, I would stake my life on it.

I dont value your opinion either, if he got us relegated you would not blme him, it works both ways .

I would blame him - I blame him for lots of things. Whereas you blame him for everything, and don't see anything else.

We dont want a forward in three years time, we need one now, I thought you purport to talk sense, thats a crap reply IMHO. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

If you ever stop moaning about Clough, you look around you and realise that if we don't start playing youth players, we'll never develop them.

I wouldn't particularly want Beattie, I think that's a crap idea IMHO 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Obviously you've got no interest in blooding youth players. I've never thought you actually supported Derby in the first place - this just confirms it mate 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Archived