defence let clough down yesterday

Curtains

The reality is Glick has been in Clough's ear about us being over budget since the end of the August window as we hadn't moved on certain high earners not in the current plans. It is Glick, not Clough, who is to blame for the lack of loan activity.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you ever stop moaning about Clough, you look around you and realise that if we don't start playing youth players, we'll never develop them.

I wouldn't particularly want Beattie, I think that's a crap idea IMHO 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Obviously you've got no interest in blooding youth players. I've never thought you actually supported Derby in the first place - this just confirms it mate 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

There was a thread on this subject, maybe on here , maybe not, but the gist of it, and the main consensus after a lengthy discussion, was that the odd substitute game, or start was OK, but to much time in an unsuccessful set up could ruin young players confidence .

So you are wrong again, according to that thread.

Se you have started with the derogatory remarks, always a bad sign.

The reality is Glick has been in Clough's ear about us being over budget since the end of the August window as we hadn't moved on certain high earners not in the current plans. It is Glick, not Clough, who is to blame for the lack of loan activity.

If that is so, and I dont believe it for one minute, then Clough should have been a man, and walked, not sign a new contract.IMHO

There was a thread on this subject, maybe on here , maybe not, but the gist of it, and the main consensus after a lengthy discussion, was that the odd substitute game, or start was OK, but to much time in an unsuccessful set up could ruin young players confidence .

So you are wrong again, according to that thread.

Se you have started with the derogatory remarks, always a bad sign.

You called me a 'pro Clough fewker' or something equally as eloquent. Your memory can't be that bad, you started it. I can't remember being derogatory?

Anyway, you've obviously got Derby sewn up at the moment, Clough should go and all our problems would be solved. It's a wonder you don't run a football club...

You called me a 'pro Clough fewker' or something equally as eloquent. Your memory can't be that bad, you started it. I can't remember being derogatory?

Anyway, you've obviously got Derby sewn up at the moment, Clough should go and all our problems would be solved. It's a wonder you don't run a football club...

So its derogatory to support Clough is it, 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Just throwing in youngsters is pointless unless they are good enough, John Gregory through in lots of youngsters and it didnt make us any better in the long term.

I don't think he just throws them in though. O'Brien is in a bad patch but is clearly a good player, and so is Hendrick, he's done well with them both.

OK then, you honestly lay no blame at his door for not getting a couple of loans in to try and ease the player shortage

This Is something I don't understand.

Last season when clough signed loan players people moaned saying why are we signing players on loan and not using our own youth system to benefit us in the long term.

Now he is doing just that and people are moaning that he doesn't get loan players in and instead uses our youth system.

I don't understand is it just a case of if it's not working blame clough and if it is working praise the players and ignore clough?

Last season when clough signed loan players people moaned saying why are we signing players on loan and not using our own youth system to benefit us in the long term.

Now he is doing just that and people are moaning that he doesn't get loan players in and instead uses our youth system.

I don't understand is it just a case of if it's not working blame clough and if it is working praise the players and ignore clough?

May I remind you that our best period last season came about because of loans .

Partcularly a C/F, who is now flirting them in for Oldham .

I'm going to point out again that perhaps the loan options that're around now aren't going to improve us.

There's very little out there at the moment, and when players do become available we're usually linked with them. (Chris Martin, Billy Paynter etc)

Hopefully they've spotted someone who'll do a job for us given Clough's "Hopefully have someone in by Thursday comments".

I can't think of many options, Rhys Murphy or J.Park at Arsenal, Pacheco at Liverpool, Noble from Sunderland again.....

There's not all that much. Fonte at Southampton could do what Theo does for a month while he recovers I suppose.

I'm going to point out again that perhaps the loan options that're around now aren't going to improve us.

There's very little out there at the moment, and when players do become available we're usually linked with them. (Chris Martin, Billy Paynter etc)

Hopefully they've spotted someone who'll do a job for us given Clough's "Hopefully have someone in by Thursday comments".

I can't think of many options, Rhys Murphy or J.Park at Arsenal, Pacheco at Liverpool, Noble from Sunderland again.....

There's not all that much. Fonte at Southampton could do what Theo does for a month while he recovers I suppose.

Just tell me, as you appear to know, or give the distinct impression that you do, the names of ANY players we have tried to sign on loan since the emergency window opened.

Sam Vokes has just gone to Burnley, why couldnt have we got him? It's not as if we need a world beater bought in, anyone that could offer us something. QPR alone have got Hulse, Vine and Agyemang who are better than what we've got, 19 other Premier League clubs, there must be loads more.

stevenanne posting,dont often post on here but regularly read the posts,ive just got home to west cumbria after two nights away obviously taking the game in and i saw it like this,far too many long balls booted up front from shackell and fielding to small men who were never going to win headers for them,ward battled well,maguire and cywka were useless,maybe because they arent playing regular first team football and well roberts,pulled all over the place he was,shackell is quality just not yesterday,his game will improve once barks is back alongside him

Just tell me, as you appear to know, or give the distinct impression that you do, the names of ANY players we have tried to sign on loan since the emergency window opened.

Some of the more well known ones like Oakley perhaps? Paynter and Martin have been linked with us through Sky, so whether you can hold any faith in that I don't know.

We won't know about alot of attempts as many of them if just totally declined can be phone calls between club chairman/managers etc.

Clough has said that we don't need loans which until very recently i'd have agreed with so there won't be that many, but i'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Sam Vokes has just gone to Burnley, why couldnt have we got him? It's not as if we need a world beater bought in, anyone that could offer us something. QPR alone have got Hulse, Vine and Agyemang who are better than what we've got, 19 other Premier League clubs, there must be loads more.

And i'd be putting money on Angyemang or someone like that being looked at. Vine isn't going to improve us and I can't see Hulse arriving, even if I personally would go for him.

The problem is that we've only just needed them, Robinson has always been able to lead the line for us and anyone can play just off of him and see us do well. Without Robinson there, we've got very little, he's an unorthodox target man. Not an actual target man that you can boot the ball to, but his play holds the ball up or wins it back.

I suspect someone similiar will be looked at, Agyemang for example. I'd love to see us get Simeon Jackson here but i'm unsure of his status at Norwich at the moment, I was gutted that we didn't move for him when Norwich did originally.

Archived