Harry Redknapp

MrsRam

And your point is????

Arsene....Jose....the Don....ALL better than the tax dodger....and guess what that is...a FACT.

Not at this moment in time. Wenger is a shadow of his former self IMO. The most ignorant manager in the EPL.

Harry Redknapp is a media darling, but, again, IMO is a very good manager. Especially considering the added pressure with everyone pretty much 'giving' him the England job. Has turned Spurs around, bottom of EPL to Champions League in less than 2yrs.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm certainly not a massive HR fan either, But (with the exception of Southampton) everywhere he has been, he has turned the fortunes of each club around whilst also gaining teams their highest ever league positions and best runs in cups etc. To say he is a very very average manager is foolish or blinkered.

Ian Holloway is an average manager, Sam Allardyce, Roberto Martinez, Danny Wilson etc etc....

I couldn't care less if the next England manager is English or not. When you consider the Prem is full of foreign talent (which if fine as it has given us some fantastic players) and the FA have done "sweet FA" about encouraging policies that gives young English talent a chance. How many young players in the Prem just rot in the reserves and never fulfil their early promise?

I would want a manager who has actually won a title at club level or international level (Serie A, La Liga, Prem, or Bunedesliga). Would be thrilled with a Wenger or Mourinho. Harry has won bugger all. I'm not saying I don't rate him as a club boss but he's been given millions at Spurs.

I couldn't care less if the next England manager is English or not. When you consider the Prem is full of foreign talent (which if fine as it has given us some fantastic players) and the FA have done "sweet FA" about encouraging policies that gives young English talent a chance. How many young players in the Prem just rot in the reserves and never fulfil their early promise?

I would want a manager who has actually won a title at club level or international level (Serie A, La Liga, Prem, or Bunedesliga). Would be thrilled with a Wenger or Mourinho. Harry has won bugger all. I'm not saying I don't rate him as a club boss but he's been given millions at Spurs.

I think I am in love..!

Exactly...and don't forget that every club he has ever managed is in or has been in complete financial meltdown post 'arry...coincidence of course....now then Avon, how did training go today..? Oh, that's right..no training today....you were "busy"...ha ha ha....

Go down like the Forest, he's going down like the Forest.

This may sound controversial but I would like a manager with lower league insight as well as premiership, who I could trust with the job, someone who will work hard for success and bring in some team spirit, but this will never happen, we will no doubt go for the biggest name manager available.

We need someone who knows enough about the English top 2 divisions who can work with players to grind out results, because technically we're too far behind other teams, especially if we're going for a long term plan.

Tony Pulis for me would do a job, would mean us being drab and horrible and teams wouldn't like playing injury-land as we would be known in the footballing world, but I would bet on us going further in competitions than we had under the 'golden generation' despite having much lesser players.

Redknapp would come in and look at the short term, I bet you wouldn't even notice the difference between capellos england to redknapps england (if/when it happens)

won bugger all? he won the FA cup with portsmouth.He took spurs from relegation candidates to the champions league,and title contenders this season.

won bugger all? he won the FA cup with portsmouth.He took spurs from relegation candidates to the champions league,and title contenders this season.

have spurs EVER been seriously considered as relegation candidates? Jol got them close enough to the top 4, Ramos haulted progression but still had them mid-table, and then had a terrible start to which Redknapp came in reminds me when keane claims to have took relegation candidates to promotion in the same season, we was 5-6 games in and he spent an absolute fortune on what was pretty much the same team that smashed the championship record points tally when they were promoted previous but redknapp has done a good job there, really good job infact but they have spent money, and his work at Portsmouth although good has put them in a massive financial mess, one they still are fighting off the creditors in and this week have announced they could be wound up.

He is a decent manager, my argument is that he isn't right for the england job, and it would just be another 4 years of nothing, and I can see him looking very short term due to circumstances.

He won the FA Cup....WOW. Lets give it John Sillet, he won that too!!

As for Spurs, like someone said, they were/are never going to go down, AND they are not serious title contenders either.

He is a short term manager, who throws millions at it and eventually he squirms off somewhere else to do the same, leaving a trail of destruction in his path.

Tax dodger, spiv, second hand car salesman and worst of all a scummer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16677743

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp received $295,000 which he had no intention of declaring for tax purposes, a court has heard.

Mr Redknapp was paid the "bungs or offshore bonuses" by former Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric while he was manager at the club, it was claimed.

Jurors were told secret payments were made to Mr Redknapp's Monaco bank account in the name of his dog.

Mr Mandaric and Mr Redknapp deny charges of cheating the public revenue.

John Black QC opened the prosecution's case at Southwark Crown Court by telling jurors "both parties must have known" they were avoiding taxes.

There's a lot more but you get the picture..........................

"Mr Redknapp, 64, of Poole, Dorset, who underwent minor heart surgery last year to unblock his arteries, is the most successful English manager in the modern game, having led Portsmouth to FA Cup success and Spurs to last season's Uefa Champions League quarter-finals."

Err.

Steve McClaren, Bobby Robson & Howard Wilkinson have won league titles in the past 20 years

Also Roy Hodgson, Howard Kendall, Terry Venables have all had success.

Don't you think though that today's overpaid prima donnas need someone to look up to and respect who as I've said have actually won something of significance? BTW I don't count the FA cup in this (sadly) as the top teams don't take the competition seriously.

I could see it being all too cosy with our "Arry". A good solid Prem manager no doubt but we can do better.

I think we all know the answer to that swiss!

He'll have to pay a fine and some tax back.....more than likely only a percentage of what is owed. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Shame isn't it....I have a feeling if it were you or i in court there would be a different outcome....synical...? a little.

looks like he will have to shift a fem more old bangers off the forecourt in the next couple of months anyway..

I'm following Martin Brunt of Sky News - he's tweeting throughout the day.

#redknapp Pros: Redknapp said Mandaric told him he would pay extra bonus by paying money into account for investments and pay him the profit

redknapp Pros: Redknapp told cops he and Mandaric argued over bonus owed over Crouch transfer

Archived