MK Dons expanding to 32000

trekkie_ram

MK Dons expanding to 32,000, despite having an average attendance of 8,000

The current capacity holds 22,000, and they've never completely filled it for sporting events, although an England U21 match and a rugby match both had more than 20,000.

Maybe it'll be used for gigs, maybe MK Dons will be bankrolled into the Premier league, but it seems a bit of a waste of money to me.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MK Dons expanding to 32,000, despite having an average attendance of 8,000

The current capacity holds 22,000, and they've never completely filled it for sporting events, although an England U21 match and a rugby match both had more than 20,000.

Maybe it'll be used for gigs, maybe MK Dons will be bankrolled into the Premier league, but it seems a bit of a waste of money to me.

Maybe they started the planning process for this when our 2018 World Cup bid was in full swing?

Can't really blame the people that go and watch them. Big town that never had a team before, they're bound to support their local side.

The people who set the club up and killed Wimbledon are the 'scum', not the current supporters of MK Dons.

if they wanted a football club to support they should of done the same way as every other team, start from the bottom and work the way up, like Wimbledon did and Wigan had done, to me it's a slap in the face for lower league teams.

if they wanted a football club to support they should of done the same way as every other team, start from the bottom and work the way up, like Wimbledon did and Wigan had done, to me it's a slap in the face for lower league teams.

maybe - but that's not their fault is it?

You've got a team in your town, even if you don't avidly follow them, you'll probably go and watch them.

Doesn't make them scum.

I am not saying they are scum but they properly didn't even know what was football was 10 years ago.

I take it that's not a literal statement. They must have known what footy was.

Not everyone is a 'true' football fan, and understands the history and politics behind decisions being made.

Some people just want to sit in a ground and watch a live football game. Fair dos.

Really dislike them and always happy to see them lose. On the other hand can't blame local people who supports a local club. It is not their fault what happened. Many of them would have liked to get their own club in a different way I'm sure.

They might be looking for a new manager soon as well. If Pearson goes to Leicester then Hull have hinted they may want the MK Dons chap manager to replace him

I don't think it'd be the first time that has happened.. Di Matteo and Paul Ince have both come and gone. They remind me of Swansea, a really well run club who despite losing managers carry on with the same tradition..

They're also up and coming, just like Brighton.. I expect them to be a high flying NPC side in a few years.

I also don't understand the hatred for them, so what if they relocated? The old Wimbledon was dead on it's knees and had a mountain of problems. It was logical.

Can't really blame the people that go and watch them. Big town that never had a team before, they're bound to support their local side.

The people who set the club up and killed Wimbledon are the 'scum', not the current supporters of MK Dons.

They had a local team, Milton Keynes City, who subsequently went out of business once the relocation had happened. If they wanted a local team to support they should have worked on getting them promoted through the divisions.

I don't think it'd be the first time that has happened.. Di Matteo and Paul Ince have both come and gone. They remind me of Swansea, a really well run club who despite losing managers carry on with the same tradition..

They're also up and coming, just like Brighton.. I expect them to be a high flying NPC side in a few years.

I also don't understand the hatred for them, so what if they relocated? The old Wimbledon was dead on it's knees and had a mountain of problems. It was logical.

Wimbledon should have been allowed to die, not relocated as Wimbledon football club and then slowly changed into a completely new club starting in the football league. Winkleman is scum, everything that is wrong with modern football.

Archived