MK Dons expanding to 32000

trekkie_ram

I can think of 2 or 3 times in the last ten years when was, so how would you feel if we did it then? Scum is a strong word, especially for the fans. However I never liked what they did and never will.

Obviously I wouldn't be happy about it, however the point I was making was that people were saying MK Dons and they're fans were scum, when really it's not there fault or doing that Wimbledon relocated to their town.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why?

My Dad didn't support Derby until he transfered there for work, he was in his 30s when he took me and my brother to our first game.. He didn't have a team when he was younger as being in West Sussex the choices are hardly standouts.. Or maybe he wasn't that interested in football.

Is he not a real fan?

Supporting the uprooting and destruction of another club in the modern day shows no respect for football and fellow fans. Moving to a new area and going along to watch the local side isnt the same.

Anyone over the age of 20 that supports MK Dons has no respect for fellow football support or the history and tradition of the game, they're not real fans and never will be

So a thirty year old who has had a season ticket at MK Dons since they moved to Bucks and has followed them home and away is not a real fan?? I don't think I will tell my MK Dons supporting nephew that. I think you need to come off your high horse young man.

So a thirty year old who has had a season ticket at MK Dons since they moved to Bucks and has followed them home and away is not a real fan?? I don't think I will tell my MK Dons supporting nephew that. I think you need to come off your high horse young man.

No he isnt, should have supported Milten Keynes City, the football club they already had or one of the other localish sides like Northampton or Luton or any other football club in the country. Tell your MK Dons supporting nephew that he's supporting a club that were born due to the destruction of another and he should be ashamed of himself for attending.

Completely different scenario as we aren't dead on our knees, with massive financial problems. The worst thing MK Dons did was try to claim they're history, that's all. Just because they moved to there doesn't make them scum.

I never said they were scum. But they are c*nts.

Moving to a new town and trying (and succeeding) in getting a leg up into the football league was just a rediculous situation. The people of Milton Keynes should have got behind their own club, rather than stealing one from fans of a London club and then renaming them, re badging them and trying to pass Wimbledon's successes off as their own.

AFC Wimbledon are Wimbledon, not MK Dons.

No he isnt, should have supported Milten Keynes City, the football club they already had or one of the other localish sides like Northampton or Luton or any other football club in the country. Tell your MK Dons supporting nephew that he's supporting a club that were born due to the destruction of another and he should be ashamed of himself for attending.

I used to work for a large company in Milton Keynes and before I started - I expected there would be quite a few MK Dons supporters along with Luton, Northampton, Watford and the London teams. When I worked there, I found a huge variety of supporters. I worked with a Hull supporter, a Stoke supporter, an Oxford United supporter, West Brom and I even come across a Middlesbrough supporter. Going around the building sometimes revealed loads of different supporters and if they ever done a "wear your football top" into work day then I'd reckon a good two thirds of the league would be present. I don't recall coming across any MK Dons fans but then I didn't ask everyone which team they support.

Milton Keynes is a city where people move into and they normally bring their clubs with them. Half of them probably weren't in Milton Keynes when MK City were around.

Most of the adults at MK Dons support other teams and are simply making use of a state of the art stadium which has appeared on their doorstep - especially if they have children as they get in for next to nothing.

Interestingly, the town of Stevenage has the same roots as Milton Keynes - being a post war planned settlement designed to cater for London overspill. Stevenage FC have worked their way up through the football pyramid and are now playing at the same level as MK Dons.

I suggest you look into the history of the various Milton Keynes City teams sonny. They were defunct before MK Dons were founded.

Judging by the immature style of your writing I am guessing that you are quite young, and it is therefore a reasonable assumption that Wimbledon haven't actually played in Wimbledon since before you were born.

That is the end of it from me.

I suggest you look into the history of the various Milton Keynes City teams sonny. They were defunct before MK Dons were founded.

Judging by the immature style of your writing I am guessing that you are quite young, and it is therefore a reasonable assumption that Wimbledon haven't actually played in Wimbledon since before you were born.

That is the end of it from me.

and why are they defunct? Cos the local community didnt support them. It's the end for you cos you havent raised one valid point, well done.

Archived