Glick on 5 live

Subman

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting. The talk has definately changed they are still talking about battling at the right end of the table not like last couple of years. It would appear the academy side of things has def been the focus and looking at bringing players through the ranks. By the sound of it it is not just the ones we are aware of because of the the call ups but more. This sounds very promosing has it would appear we are going back to producing our own and this can be very successful. If any ask how look at Man Utd they have dominated the Prem due to home grown talent through their academy and still producing players. What it also means if you have a productive academy the money available does not need to be spread around a number of players but can infact be focused on one or two players of a lot better quality which will add to the team/squad. Really pleased with the comments as he acknowledges he real lows but they have not lost sight of the long term plan and they have not deviated from this plan. We are starting to see the signs of progress and the longer this goes on the better for us in the LONG term. Short term there will be some highs and lows. He is right though the work ethic team work has definately improved because the team of last year would have been stuffed by Southampton Saturday. I would be surprised if they did not get automatic promotion. Don't forget they had £10million for one player to play aroung with.

The interesting thing for me is that as far as I am aware the accedemy wasn't being spoken about as much by Tom in previous years but now we've been forced to use the lads and they have done well it seems to be the flavour of the month.

I may be wrong, but it seems a little opportunist.

I am a general supporter of the Glick era and support the long term view, so dont think I'm a basher by any means, just a little sus to me.

Glad to see the overall picture as rosey as it is though. It has been a long time coming and I hope and I think that next year will be the big move forward. I see us loosing 5 quite high wage erners who are providing nothing so far this year, and with the possible progresson of the younger lot, with the addition of some quality in those areas needed particularly the front line we may be a proper force to be reconed with.

We definately have leaped a few years ahead of where I thought we would be at this time of the year, wasn't expecting top six even as a tempory thing for at least 2 more years so long may it continue.

ER

The interesting thing for me is that as far as I am aware the accedemy wasn't being spoken about as much by Tom in previous years but now we've been forced to use the lads and they have done well it seems to be the flavour of the month.

I may be wrong, but it seems a little opportunist.

I am a general supporter of the Glick era and support the long term view, so dont think I'm a basher by any means, just a little sus to me.

Glad to see the overall picture as rosey as it is though. It has been a long time coming and I hope and I think that next year will be the big move forward. I see us loosing 5 quite high wage erners who are providing nothing so far this year, and with the possible progresson of the younger lot, with the addition of some quality in those areas needed particularly the front line we may be a proper force to be reconed with.

We definately have leaped a few years ahead of where I thought we would be at this time of the year, wasn't expecting top six even as a tempory thing for at least 2 more years so long may it continue.

ER

Big things were made of having a dedicated team (Wassall), so it certainly isn't flavour of the month, it just happens to be bearing real fruit at the moment.

Had a listen to that, what a N*B that guy is- As soon as the interview starts he comes across as arrogant and disrespectful. Let him rot in league one

He's certainly not the brightest lightbulb at the disco is he?

I would disagree that he is a n*b though - I think he was a pretty good servant to the club for his part, and as I recall people use to like him for his eccentric ways. A tad unprofessional at the end of his time at Derby but he wasn't the first and won't be the last.

Had a listen to that, what a N*B that guy is- As soon as the interview starts he comes across as arrogant and disrespectful. Let him rot in league one

Strongly disagree with that. He seems a nice bloke who is enjoying his football and isn't scared to give his opinion.

He's certainly not the brightest lightbulb at the disco is he?

I would disagree that he is a n*b though - I think he was a pretty good servant to the club for his part, and as I recall people use to like him for his eccentric ways. A tad unprofessional at the end of his time at Derby but he wasn't the first and won't be the last.

The whole twitter affair made me lose any respect for him.

I have no respect for a player who totally disrespects the club and at the same time disrespects the fans. He has a bottom lip big enough to hit the floor and I hope he toddles of to anywhere but back to Derby. I really hope Forest sell Camp and then they buy Bywater as that will seal their impending doom.

I have no respect for a player who totally disrespects the club and at the same time disrespects the fans. He has a bottom lip big enough to hit the floor and I hope he toddles of to anywhere but back to Derby. I really hope Forest sell Camp and then they buy Bywater as that will seal their impending doom.

how has he disrespected the club or the fans? i am aware he basically thought clough was complete rubbish as a manager (which in fairness a lot of people thought towards the end of last season) and he didn't like him because he wasn't playing. Also on the infamous "fake" injury, do you have any proof he faked injury? he was a good servant to the club, got annoyed towards the end like some do.

how has he disrespected the club or the fans? i am aware he basically thought clough was complete rubbish as a manager (which in fairness a lot of people thought towards the end of last season) and he didn't like him because he wasn't playing. Also on the infamous "fake" injury, do you have any proof he faked injury? he was a good servant to the club, got annoyed towards the end like some do.

I have posted links before which states quotes from the club in previous threads which prove he was taking the pisss. It was quoted by the club that Bywater after that game which was 2 days before Fielding was due to return. That stated that he is in pain and will be out of action for at least 4 weeks at which point he will hopefully return to training and build himself up to being able to play again. However 10days later from this statement he was on loan to Cardiff playing. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see that injury was faked because he was being dropped for Fielding, if anyone who has a back injury will know how long it takes to come back. Look at Rio Ferdinand he had a bad back in 2008 which kept him out for 2-3 months, John Terry the same. For goal keepers should imagine back injuries are the worst for them as they need to be agile and if the back is injured they can't dive and get back up etc. If fans can not see that he disrespected the club, clough and fans and see he faked the injury and defend him, but are quite easy to jump at Glick and Clough if something that happens does not go their pleasing is beggars belief.

Archived