Sitting in the home end at an away match.

trekkie_ram

I've got the chance of a free ticket in the home stand for the game at Peterborough.

Obviously this happens all the time up and down the country, but has anyone on here done this, does it kill the experience not being able to cheer our goals? I'm not worried about them scoring, because let's face it, they're only Peterborough, and we are the mighty rams.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trekkie,because I've lived in quite a few different places I've been in this situation quite a lot.It's very difficult to keep quiet if you're winning,but on the three or four occasions I've been sussed, only once [Anfield] have I been in trouble and even then I thought I'd got away with it until my 'mate' pointed out that my coat was slit up the back!!

Many years ago the Football League used to play the Scottish League [so you could get scots playing for the football league and vice verca.I was living in Glasgow at the time and went along with a Scottish mate.Jimmy Greaves scored and I was half way out of my seat when I remembered I was surrounded by a few thousand Scots!

I sat with the Charlton fans last time we played them in the league. It was a tad fustrating not cheering like you normally would but they're a great bunch, don't think we'd have started anything if we celebrated our goals.

Ellington got that 94th minute equaliser, the fans around us called us "jammy gits" but wished us good luck for the rest of the season.

So it depends on your club. Peterboro have some pretty annoying fans, I have quite a few at school. They play the "we're a small club and you still can't beat us" card. But you won't get your head smashed in.

We do know he is a portsmouth fan not peterbrough dont we?

You will have no problems sitting in the the end.

Football hooliganism is gone at grounds, hense why there is no atmosphere any longer.

Ok then seeing as football hooliganism gone, when we go to Milwall, Leeds, and when in the prem division Chelsea, Stoke etc do you want a ticket in the Home end?

We do know he is a portsmouth fan not peterbrough dont we?

You will have no problems sitting in the the end.

Football hooliganism is gone at grounds, hense why there is no atmosphere any longer.

no there is no atmosphere because most people who used to be boisterous and that type of person can barely afford football anymore, look at germany, cheap tickets and what an atmosphere.

Archived