Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies aged 56

ram2767

According to a statement just issued by Apple’s Board of Directors, company co-founder and longtime CEO Steve Jobs has passed away. Apple has also put up the following website in memory. They’re asking for “thoughts, memories, and condolences” to be shared by way of this email address: rememberingsteve@apple.com

It was only a little over a month ago that Jobs stepped down as CEO saying at the time, “I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.”

Jobs remained Chairman of the Board at the company, as well as director and an Apple employee. He recommended that company COO Tim Cook take his place as CEO. Yesterday, Cook gave his first keynote address as CEO, unveiling the new iPhone 4S.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to pretend I've heard of him before but after reading about him on the BBC News page, he did some awesome things until pancreatic cancer stopped him. 56, that's no age is it?

RIP.

Whats Steve McLaren and Apple got in common ,,, they dont have any jobs 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> too soon ?? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> ,, in all seriousness he was a pioneer of modern technology , sad loss

Great businessman, made people believe that their quality of life would be significantly improved if they had one of Apple's products and had the best marketing nous of all the CEO's in the Technology business at the moment. However, it's a little bit annoying when people call him an inventor because he didn't actually invent anything he was just the face of Apple, there are thousands of engineers and designers who designed and manufactured it all. It'd be unfair on them to give him all the credit for their success of the last decade.

R.I.P.

Archived