Top 6 Derby Players From The Current Squad

RamNut

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Shackell - has to be doesn't it, doubt anyone will dispute that.

2) Hendrick - he gets everywhere and shows composure beyond his years.

3) Ben Davies - can't think of any player we've ever had who's so consistent with dead ball crossing. Works so hard.

4) Bailey - he's the new Jacob Laursen. Never outstanding but ultra reliable and consistent.

5) Bryson - he seems to be everywhere on the pitch at times. Amazing how much ground he covers.

6) Fielding - finally a goalkeeper I have confidence in. First one since Pooooooom!

I don't think Brayford has kicked on this season, excellent effort but little end product from him so far it'll come though. Thought O'Brien had his best game yesterday and looked the most composed he has for us.

3) Ben Davies - can't think of any player we've ever had who's so consistent with dead ball crossing. Works so hard.

4) Bailey - he's the new Jacob Laursen. Never outstanding but ultra reliable and consistent.

5) Bryson - he seems to be everywhere on the pitch at times. Amazing how much ground he covers.

6) Fielding - finally a goalkeeper I have confidence in. First one since Pooooooom!

I don't think Brayford has kicked on this season, excellent effort but little end product from him so far it'll come though. Thought O'Brien had his best game yesterday and looked the most composed he has for us.

Intresting username

Is it based on this season or just players you'd consider vital for now and the future?

For me, vital players for this season the the near future

1. Jason Shackell

2. John Brayford

3. James Bailey

4. Jeff Hendrick

5. Craig Bryson

6. Tomasz Cywka

While some players clearly look great at present i don't want to get to excited after 6 or so games. Why do we have to hype them up? let the young lads learn and progress.

The player for me who has took us to another level this season is shacknall, he seems the best centre half we have had for years, it's not just his play but organistion and confidence he seems to impose on his team mates

While some players clearly look great at present i don't want to get to excited after 6 or so games. Why do we have to hype them up? let the young lads learn and progress.

The player for me who has took us to another level this season is shacknall, he seems the best centre half we have had for years, it's not just his play but organistion and confidence he seems to impose on his team mates

Totally agree about Shackell. If he sticks around for a few years and keeps up the level of performance he has shown so far then I think he could be one of those people considered for people's all time great Derby teams in 5-10 years time. The potential is definitely there.

We've got a fantastic group to build around.. We do have some average players but in

Shacks

Brayford

Bailey

Hendrick

Fielding

Bryson

We have some players here with alot of potential.. I believe IMO all of them could play in the PL one day

Cywka, O'Brien, Ward, Robinson, S.Davies, B.Davies can become solid top-end NPC players

We haven't got any outstanding/PL quality players at the club yet (though Shackell is convincing me he could be ready for the step-up if he continues in this vein all season) but in the next couple of years if the players mentioned progress and develop then perhaps we could be looking at a solid promotion push.

Jacob Laurson was like Bailey he didn't offer much either. Most important for the team at the moment.

1 Shackell

2 Roberts

3 Brayford

4 Hendrick

5 Bryson

6 Davies B

Still not sure about Fielding, slightly worried about Nigel mentioning the England representation, which is irrelevant. Makes too many mistakes may or may not get better. The new keeper looks safer on the crosses and may long term be the safer option.

Archived