Palace away moved forward for Sky

Day

Derby County's npower Championship fixture away at Crystal Palace in December has been selected for live TV coverage by Sky Sports.

The Rams were due to visit Selhurst Park to take on Dougie Freedman's side on Saturday 3rd December, but having been selected as a live game the match will now be played on Friday 2nd December, kicking off at 7:45pm.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2457316,00.html

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had already arranged to meet up with loads of my mates in London on Saturday evening after going to the game with a couple of them who support Palace.

As a result, I'm probably biased but seems rubbish game to move this game to a Friday night. How are Derby fans supposed to get to South London and back on a Friday night? You can't blame anyone for not going when it's on Sky. As a result, there will be a flat atmosphere rather than a big day out on the Saturday.

Whilst we are on about TV, why the F is Derby Forest never televised. It's always a sell out (at Pride Park anyway) so those who can't get a ticket can watch on the box. Whereas most local matches have passion but little excitement, there have been some great Derby Forest games over the last 2-3 years. The game always gets moved to 1pm too so is already almost in the right slot for TV. At least they've got our game at Leicester on the box, rather than, say, Pompey away on a Friday night.

At whoever thinks Coventry Derby should be on TV?

People will just have to target the WHU game for a day out in London. =)

Personally, I'm happy enough for any Derby game to be on Sky, with it being difficult to get over. I would have been gutted if Peterborough had moved though. (well, an earlier Saturday kick-off wouldn't have mattered much).

Last time Derby vs Forest was on telly was the Tvvatwell game wasn't it?

Since then has there been a game between us without a bit of drama and/or controversy? Doesn't seem like it. That coupled with it being THE East Midlands derby makes it a bit conspicuous by its absence from Sky's schedule of matches.

Perhaps they're Forest fans and knew what was coming.....

I swear Sky get the office idiot who's only interested in fishing the fixtures. Or maybe they through darts. Or maybe they're trying to get people watching Sky1 on Fridays instead. But the decisions for games is ridiculous.

If they start claiming our game with Leicester is a derby match, I'm kicking off.

Archived