Peter Reid Sacked

Day

Plymouth Argyle Football Club (In Administration) today announced that Peter Reid has left his position as manager of the football club.

Peter joined Argyle as manager at the beginning of the 2010-11 season and inherited an unsustainable wage bill and a club that with the benefit of hindsight was in financial meltdown.

http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10364~2454878,00.html

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet theres a queue,for taking over as manager.

What a stupid stupid decision!

How can you possibly be expected to motivate,a group of players ,who are consistently not paid?

Im in no way,apportioning any blame at all, to the players.

Why bother risking injury?

I think Peter Reid will look on this as a blessing,rather than having to relay the clubs non payment of wages again,every month to the players.

Feel sorry for fans ,players alike.

I've always liked Peter Reid, not sure why you think he'd be a bad manager for Forest Boycie?

I doubt he's been sacked for footballing reasons, I can imagine a conversation along the lines of:

Chairman: "Peter, tell your star striker he is going to have to work part time as a the cleaner. Oh, and by the way, you're going to have to tell them all they aren't getting a wage again this month".

Reid: "F**k off, I've had enough of this, tell them yourself, I'm off to the pub!"

Archived