Nigel Clough

ianm

I know the average IQ over the border is not too high but how can these cretins so disrespect a guy who scored so many goals and gave such sterling service to their club, not to mention his dad doing what no other human being could for them.

Do they realise how stupid they make themselves sound!

On the same basis we should show some restraint as regards MacLaren, for the job he did for the club and the football we were privelidged to watch at that time.

Fantastic from the lads today, every one of you did us proud.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the average IQ over the border is not too high but how can these cretins so disrespect a guy who scored so many goals and gave such sterling service to their club, not to mention his dad doing what no other human being could for them.

On the same basis we should show some restraint as regards MacLaren, for the job he did for the club and the football we were privelidged to watch at that time.

oh dear - i see your point but to use such a title is crass to say the least...

agree with the rest

What does the man have to do to get rid of NLN.

Poor title choice. Nigle after last yrs drumming when people were all but ready to turn the back on Cloughs name has rebuilt the team in one summer into a team which is pretty much now all of his signings. 10 men at the Shitty ground for over 90 mins (including injury time) and not just keep the score down but get a well deserved win SURELY shows he learnt his trade in the lower leagues just like other managers including Harry Redknapp at Bournemouth and Brian started at Hartlepool.

Yes he learnt his trade in non-league but Burton Albion would not be where they are now without him.

Time to scrap the title I think!!!!

Who cares! Let 'em call him NLN, let the pathetic gumps chant, NC is a ******.

The team spirit, the willingness to work for each other, the players picking Hendrick up after his open goal miss and giving him the confidence and belief to smash the winner in, hugging Cywka, starting Theo, signing Legzdins (looks a decent back up for Frankie), signing Tommy, Brays, Barks, Bails, Bryson, Shacks, Frankie, Theo, Jamie, Ben, Maguire, Tyson, starting Theo, new contracts for Hendrick and O'Brien and Addison, starting Theo, spending less than he's brought in, starting Theo, winning at forest, starting Theo, kneeing Billy, starting Theo, thats the answer to the NLN brigade........

Who cares! Let 'em call him NLN, let the pathetic gumps chant, NC is a ******.

The team spirit, the willingness to work for each other, the players picking Hendrick up after his open goal miss and giving him the confidence and belief to smash the winner in, hugging Cywka, starting Theo, signing Legzdins (looks a decent back up for Frankie), signing Tommy, Brays, Barks, Bails, Bryson, Shacks, Frankie, Theo, Jamie, Ben, Maguire, Tyson, starting Theo, new contracts for Hendrick and O'Brien and Addison, starting Theo, spending less than he's brought in, starting Theo, winning at forest, starting Theo, kneeing Billy, starting Theo, thats the answer to the NLN brigade........

Dropping Kilbane that's the best thing he did yesterday, I don't think we would have scored that first if he had played.

As for McClaren, i not really heard Derby fans give him much abuse. Only a bit of banter and micky taking. He knew he'd get that.

Think McClaren will have to do something petty to get under our skins.

Dropping S. Davies i thought was quite a brave decision. Not playing well but can get a goal from nothing sometimes. But Robinson was brilliant. Davies would of been bullied by Morgan and Chambers.

Roberts was a good decision too.

I like it that they call him NLN. Just ties him even tighter with us and cuts his strings with them. Put even more black and White blood in those veins!!

Doesn't drive me anywhere near as nuts as OUR fans calling him that. Was not long ago that a very large minority on here were doing just that. Seems to have died down a bit now but everytime we lose a couple on the bounce they start up again. Clough is brilliant....wouldn't swap him for Mourihno, Guardiola, Ferguson or anyone else..even with a lifetime supply of Cadbury's Cream Eggs thrown in. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Nigel is doing really well, and when I see the passion that he shows from the touchline, it's almost like playing with 12-men (well okay, 11 on Saturday) ...

This season I think that his substitutions have been spot-on, both player-wise and time-wise.

For the sake of the stability of 'DCFC as a whole', I really hope that we extend his contract sooner, rather than later.

BTW, I still call him NLN - but only in an affectionate-way :-)

Man of the match on Saturday - Nigel Clough.

Tactically he got it absolutely spot on. I was angry that he'd taken Cwyka off, and couldn't understand why he wanted to bring Tyson on to play as well as Robinson rather than instead of, but he was totally vindicated. We went for the jugular and it worked. Not many managers would have been that brave, and in my opinion he deserves enormous credit for it.

He seems to have bought players that want to work hard for each other - Bryson, Shackell, Brayford and Robinson stand out, but in fairness it's throughout the team, not just four or five players. We have exactly what forest were lacking on Saturday - some passion and desire to win the match. It's as though the forest players didn't know how significant this game was.

He's got it wrong in the past and has taken flak, so he deserves immense praise for Saturday. I can't remember being so proud to support this club in recent years.

Doesn't drive me anywhere near as nuts as OUR fans calling him that. Was not long ago that a very large minority on here were doing just that. Seems to have died down a bit now but everytime we lose a couple on the bounce they start up again. Clough is brilliant....wouldn't swap him for Mourihno, Guardiola, Ferguson or anyone else..even with a lifetime supply of Cadbury's Cream Eggs thrown in. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Ooooh. That would make it a thinker though.

Ooooh. That would make it a thinker though.

Doesn't drive me anywhere near as nuts as OUR fans calling him that. Was not long ago that [size=4]a very large minority [/size]on here were doing just that. Seems to have died down a bit now but everytime we lose a couple on the bounce they start up again. Clough is brilliant....wouldn't swap him for Mourihno, Guardiola, Ferguson or anyone else..even with a lifetime supply of Cadbury's Cream Eggs thrown in. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Doh !!!!

Archived