Song Sheets v Burnley

therams69

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What awful about everybody singing from the same hymn sheet?

Do you really need to ask? You don't think it'd look stupid with everyone sat with a piece of paper singing off a hymn sheet?!

It's worse then us now playing music whenever we score.

Do you really need to ask? You don't think it'd look stupid with everyone sat with a piece of paper singing off a hymn sheet?!

It's worse then us now playing music whenever we score.

Do you really need to ask?

Do you really think fans are going to be stupid enough to sit there with a piece of paper? LOL!!

No on a serious note now, this is not why the song sheets have been designed. Stick them in your pocket and when you get 5 minutes have a look, not at the game.

The song sheets are only for fans that are unsure of certain songs. For me I dont need one and I am sure many others dont.

This way it gets more fans involved which should mean higher volume of singers as they know the words and can join in!

Nick

Do you really need to ask?

Do you really think fans are going to be stupid enough to sit there with a piece of paper? LOL!!

No on a serious note now, this is not why the song sheets have been designed. Stick them in your pocket and when you get 5 minutes have a look, not at the game.

The song sheets are only for fans that are unsure of certain songs. For me I dont need one and I am sure many others dont.

This way it gets more fans involved which should mean higher volume of singers as they know the words and can join in!

Nick

So you're handing them out in the S and SE stand. If people don't know the chants by now, they've no chance. Go hand them out in the N & W stand, that'll actually be useful and gives me less chance of having to refuse one.

So you're handing them out in the S and SE stand. If people don't know the chants by now, they've no chance. Go hand them out in the N & W stand, that'll actually be useful and gives me less chance of having to refuse one.

I think it's more for newer chants that have been created and not everyone knows the words.

It is a bit sad that it's come to this but it should hopefully encourage more people to join in.

Take away the surroundings you could mistake it for the West Stand.......then again they are making abit too much noise

You don't think they make noise in the West stand?

I left my seat for a slash once during a game.........I suffered temporary deafness from an outbreak of ferocious tutting...:eek::D

Think its fair to say not everyone knows the words to some of the new songs...

There is 5000 so plenty to go around.

it's not about new chants it's about others joining with the ones already being sung.

Some of the chants on it I've never heard at Derby before. So it is about new chants really.

You don't have some of the more popular ones on there do you..

Some of the chants on it I've never heard at Derby before. So it is about new chants really.

You don't have some of the more popular ones on there do you..

Might be wrong Briggsy and hope I am but you do seem a bit brassed off! :confused:

There are some new songs on there as new songs are made up all the time.

When deciding to do the song sheets I thought it best to add older songs on as well, if anything just as a reminder.

Many songs have come from forums others just down the pub.

The song sheets, like Davo has said, are for fans who were perhaps unsure on some songs. I had already explained that to you in an answer to another post so unsure why you seem to be nit picking?

All in all I would say they were well received and seen as something positive as I and others are actually trying to improve the atmosphere at PPS.

With regards to the most popular songs, I couldnt have listed every song sung!

On yet another positive note the kids who had the sheets loved them!!! These are the future! :D

I love it that there are people that care enough about our atmosphere to actively try to improve it rather than stand by and wait for someone else to do it while complaining about atmosphere

Good on you lot.

Thanks Alpha, appreciate it.

I never want thanks for what we do and I do accept constructive criticism but sometimes its like why do I bother! There are more positive fans than negative though to be fair!

Along with the flag to sort out I do think to myself what was it like to just turn up at a game without having to plan anything and arrive 5 minutes before kick off!! :confused:

Archived