From a Terrified Ipswich Supporter

HarryfromBath

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus Christ.

Thought he'd learned lessons from Derby?

Treating players like that doesn't seem to work Paul. You tore into half our team and told them they were all free to go elsewhere. Then was angry when half of them performed like they'd rather be elsewhere.

"Whether it was a sending off was debatable, but to give the referee the opportunity to do it is irresponsible and immature and I've had enough of it."

What? Should he stop tackling entirely anywhere near his box unless he's 100% sure he'll get the ball and none of the man? Should he of let the lad run through on goal?

"We're 4-1 down, two minutes before half-time, it was irresponsible."

4-1 down before half time. That might be the problem Paul.

"Lee Martin has got to earn the right to start training with the first team."

Maybe he'll feel he's already earned that right when he signed a contract. Maybe he wont appreciate that public comment. If he doesn't feel like he's worthy of training with the first team, then surely he shouldn't be playing with such low confidence?

Afterall, Jewells team had already conceeded 9 goals before Martin was sent off. 5 at home to Southampton. Reckon all 9 were down to silly fouls?

Scouse bullshitter, appalling bloke let alone a football manager.

He always reminded me of that other scouse wannabee manager who quit Posh during the Ron Manager tv experiment. Pure rubbish tv but the most cringeworthy part was the day he brought his wife in with him when he resigned.

He always reminded me of that other scouse wannabee manager who quit Posh during the Ron Manager tv experiment. Pure rubbish tv but the most cringeworthy part was the day he brought his wife in with him when he resigned.

You missed the best bit of the quote "I'm not speaking to him" - seriously, how childish could he be. They were 4-1 down already and it was a bad tackle but I have seen a lot worse.

Jewell is looking for a scapegoat to deflect attention away from him and is acting like a 10 year old.

Watch out the next home game, if they loses a couple of goals he might take the balls away and refuse to play.

Steve Bleasedale was a legend, felt sorry for him actually, was doing a decent job till Ron came in and f*cked the club up. Also liked him for taking no **** from that **** St Ledger.

Wonder what he's doing now.

Yeah Jewell has signed a lot of free transfers but the wages must be astronomical.... sound familiar.

Ipswich are gonna need to go up or will be screwed to the wall for years with the kind of contracts (i expect) star will be handing out.

I do feel for the Ipswich fans

They have just signed Bullard, Murphy the forward who played for sunderland and celtic and they are signing Sonko as well. While Jewell was dreadfull here and sheff wed he did pretty well at Bradford and wigan, he cant have been that lucky twice could he? He must have some abilty

I'm with Daveo on this. The more managers of Jewell's calibre we have in this division, the better....for us :) And let's not stop there. Shteve is doing a heck of a job at Forest. Let's get Phil Brown back in the Champ, get John Gregory a job at Southampton, and find a nice desperate club willing to bankrupt themselves on Billy Davies and his inability to get gain promotion despite spending millions and actually being quite an effective manager.

Thank God we have Nige :)

They have just signed Bullard, Murphy the forward who played for sunderland and celtic and they are signing Sonko as well. While Jewell was dreadfull here and sheff wed he did pretty well at Bradford and wigan, he cant have been that lucky twice could he? He must have some abilty

He managed to get Wigan promoted and stat there. But when he needed to rebuild that team he couldn't do it.

He managed to get Wigan promoted and stat there. But when he needed to rebuild that team he couldn't do it.

Can only take a club so far, look at Big Sam with Bolton. Wigan will never be able to attract top players unless an Arab takes a fancy to them.

He almost bankrupted Bradford and was given a hell of a lot of money at Wigan.

He almost bankrupted Bradford and was given a hell of a lot of money at Wigan.

It was the chairman that did that, he payed out the money. Jewell left and they still carried on like they could compete and couldnt and then thought they could go back up. I thought Jewell looked lost here and my inlaws are all sheff wed fans where he couldnt turn them around (no one else has either). Yet I have spoke to players who have played for him at Bradford and Wigan and would still run through brick walls for him. People just cant accept as he was so bad here he did a good job elsewhere. Many sides have thrown money at it like Wigan and got have not got close to the prem, he did it.

Archived