Germans on holiday

james_ram

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Went to a German festival about 3 years a go, German lady asked me to get her drink (she gave me the money), and kissed me afterwards. Then left.

Seem pretty friendly to me, must mean everyone!

She probably wasn't a lady if she had to ask you to get her drink....

Last month there was big incident with Germans in Finland. Some guy went to his summer cottage and found 16 Germans there. They refused to leave because one of them had a headache. The guy called the cops but they told they don´t have a time to come, they have more important things to do.

Germans stayed for a day, drank and made a big mess and left.

Germans do this on regular basis everywhere. They have been trashing the places over here for decades. I have a good friend in Greece and he told that Germans are hated there also. I have been in Greece several times and I can see why they are so disliked. Whenever they are abroad they act just like they did in 1930´s and 1940´s. Like they owned everything.

I have visited Germany only once but there people seemed totally different, they were actually rather nice.

That is pretty awful imho tbh

can you really blame them? I know it is a stereotype and i know that some Germans also went into the concentration camp system but going there would be very emotional and erring on the side of caution is the right thing to do.

If you believe stereotypes then you don't have a clue honestly. That said a lot of nations around Europe hate the Germans. Ask any polish person what they think about Russia and it is on par with Germany.

My best friend is doing his PHD in Vienna so i've travelled around a fair bit there, they are perfectly nice. Similar temperament to us really, after all it's not like the English are never rude in France right? :rolleyes:

If you believe stereotypes then you don't have a clue honestly. That said a lot of nations around Europe hate the Germans. Ask any polish person what they think about Russia and it is on par with Germany.

My best friend is doing his PHD in Vienna so i've travelled around a fair bit there, they are perfectly nice. Similar temperament to us really, after all it's not like the English are never rude in France right? :rolleyes:

was that addressed to me about the stereotypes?

Archived