Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

premier league is still the best league in the world 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

do me a favour,it clearly isn't

If they mean great as in the bottom 13 are really competitve because none of them have any quality whatsoever then they have a point.. It's a case who wins the league out of Man City/Man Utd.. Who finishes 3rd/4th out of Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool.. Newcastle will finish 7th.. Then the rest (excuding Villa and Everton) are relegation candidates..

In Europe, they're all average compared to Bayern, Barca and Real Madrid.. If one of those 3 clubs doesn't win the CL this season I'll buy everyone poster here a new car..

The best attacking players in the PL Nani, Balotelli, Rooney, D.Silva, Mata and Aguero none of them would get in Barca or Reals side.. The strength of the PL is weak.

I got all excited about Milan last year. They got what should of been an easy draw v Spurs. Being the most exciting attacking team Italy has produced in years I thought Milan would stroll through. But they just ridiculously went into Italian defence mode.

Italian teams always have one finger on self destruct and are capable of ridiculous defeats against weak opponents. Really hope Milan try to win the tournament as oppose to attempting not to lose!!

Gave Barca a decent test.

I like those Portuguese teams in Europe. Very entertaining!

If they mean great as in the bottom 13 are really competitve because none of them have any quality whatsoever then they have a point.. It's a case who wins the league out of Man City/Man Utd.. Who finishes 3rd/4th out of Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool.. Newcastle will finish 7th.. Then the rest (excuding Villa and Everton) are relegation candidates..

In Europe, they're all average compared to Bayern, Barca and Real Madrid.. If one of those 3 clubs doesn't win the CL this season I'll buy everyone poster here a new car..

The best attacking players in the PL Nani, Balotelli, Rooney, D.Silva, Mata and Aguero none of them would get in Barca or Reals side.. The strength of the PL is weak.

Its a fact that the richest clubs are the ones that will win the title.

Manure fans slag Citeh off for buying success yet they forget about £30m for Ferdinand, £30m for Berbatov, £28m for Veron, £20m for Van Nistleroy, £20m for Anderson, £30m for Rooney, £18m for Carrick etc.....even Nani was £14m!

All the main leagues in Europe are becoming predictable.

What Brian Clough and Bobby Robson did will never be matched again. The manager's role is virtually redundant, just buy the best players available in each position.....

There could be as many Cypriot teams as English clubs in the knockout stages.

Say that 5 year ago and you'd be thrown in the asylum!

APOEL have been a breath of fresh air mixing it up in a very difficult group.. Shakhtar, Zenit and Porto are all previous Europa League winning teams who are formidable at home.. APOEL are undefeated in that group, a great achievement.

You can garuantee when Man Utd finish 2nd they'll land the group winners of this group... UEFA won't allow Man Utd to be knocked out early by the only other teams they can get (Bayern, Barca, Inter Milan, Real Madrid).. Well they'd probably beat Inter but against the other 3 they have no chance.

APOEL have been a breath of fresh air mixing it up in a very difficult group.. Shakhtar, Zenit and Porto are all previous Europa League winning teams who are formidable at home.. APOEL are undefeated in that group, a great achievement.

Sorry Bris but by Champions League standards, that is anything but a "very difficult" group.

That said, it is a great achievement to qualify but none of those sides in that group would be fancied to feature in the latter stages of the Champions League.

Anything they have previously done in the Europa league has no relevance. Many teams regard that competition as a hindrance hence clubs like Boro have managed to do well.

Sorry Bris but by Champions League standards, that is anything but a "very difficult" group.

That said, it is a great achievement to qualify but none of those sides in that group would be fancied to feature in the latter stages of the Champions League.

Anything they have previously done in the Europa league has no relevance. Many teams regard that competition as a hindrance hence clubs like Boro have managed to do well.

Shakthar topped Arsenals group last season, Porto went the season undefeated and beat the likes of Villareal 6-1 on agg. along the way.. And Zenit are the Russian Champions, ahead of CSKA who regularly make the 2nd round..

Porto, Shakthar and Zenit are better than the likes of Ajax, Dinamo Zagreb, Lyon, Basel, Otelul, CSKA Moscow, Villareal, Trabzonspor, Genk, Olympiakos, Benfica, Marseille, Plzen and Bate.. Many other teams in the CL..

Yes APOEL avoided the big guns like Man Utd, Real Madrid etc.. but the also avoid the easiest teams.. Real Madrids group of Ajax, Lyon and Dinamo Zagreb is very poor as the 3 other teams are so out of form and have lost key players, any of Shaktar, Zenit or Porto would qualify from that group in 2nd place..

The group APOEL have is 3 teams who aren't world class but they're no pushovers.. All 3 would expect to make the 2nd round and have done in recent years..

The strongest groups were Chelseas and Bayerns when you have 3 really strong teams in each group..

Shakthar topped Arsenals group last season, Porto went the season undefeated and beat the likes of Villareal 6-1 on agg. along the way.. And Zenit are the Russian Champions, ahead of CSKA who regularly make the 2nd round..

Porto, Shakthar and Zenit are better than the likes of Ajax, Dinamo Zagreb, Lyon, Basel, Otelul, CSKA Moscow, Villareal, Trabzonspor, Genk, Olympiakos, Benfica, Marseille, Plzen and Bate.. Many other teams in the CL..

Yes APOEL avoided the big guns like Man Utd, Real Madrid etc.. but the also avoid the easiest teams.. Real Madrids group of Ajax, Lyon and Dinamo Zagreb is very poor as the 3 other teams are so out of form and have lost key players, any of Shaktar, Zenit or Porto would qualify from that group in 2nd place..

The group APOEL have is 3 teams who aren't world class but they're no pushovers.. All 3 would expect to make the 2nd round and have done in recent years..

The strongest groups were Chelseas and Bayerns when you have 3 really strong teams in each group..

I don't deny any of that. I am merely saying that by Champions League standards, it was not a very difficult group. It didn't contain any sides that would be expected to feature in the latter stages of the competition.

APOEL will go out in the next round as will Zenit. They will be the clubs all the others will be hoping to draw.

I don't deny any of that. I am merely saying that by Champions League standards, it was not a very difficult group. It didn't contain any sides that would be expected to feature in the latter stages of the competition.

APOEL will go out in the next round as will Zenit. They will be the clubs all the others will be hoping to draw.

APOEL possibly but I think the winner out of Zenit and Porto (it's basically a winner takes all match though a draw in Portugal will see Zenit go through) will suprise you.. No one will want to go to Russia during February or March.. If Zenit go through and avoid Bayern, Real and Barca I can see them possibly making the 1/4s and causing a stir.. Porto on the other hand have enough quality to trouble anyone, though this season they don't look as good as last.. Losing Falcao was a blow.

Just you wait and see Mcsilks, Leverkusen will draw one of these boys and go tumbling out!

Most leagues are weak, and i'm pretty sure a few of those would manage atleast Real's squad Bris. Aguero and David Silva definitely would, as would Rooney. Nani is wanted by both Milan's if the papers are to be believed and Balotelli was already appearing for Inter long before joining Man City. There are some very good players there, Madrid atleast would take half of those.

There are very few leagues where you can look at it and say that one of 7-8 teams could win that league. In France/Germany/Spain/Portugal/England or wherever, there will always be a few top sides, the 4 teams chasing Europa League qualification, and the rest. I like League Two football to be honest, hard to predict.

And it's easy to make that car comment, of course Barca will win it, there's no-one even close to them. Real will make the Semi's at best, imo.

Archived