Play Cywka!!

valakari

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No there wasn't it was said as we had maguire in there last night croft would work up and down harder than maguire who pretty much just played up top thus there was only Pearson in midfield. It was said there was no one else as hendrick, Bryson and Bailey couldn't play so who else could have gone in there so we said kilbane or even croft may have sone better. clearly what clough did last night worked though

No there wasn't it was said as we had maguire in there last night croft would work up and down harder than maguire who pretty much just played up top thus there was only Pearson in midfield. It was said there was no one else as hendrick, Bryson and Bailey couldn't play so who else could have gone in there so we said kilbane or even croft may have sone better. clearly what clough did last night worked though

Well whoever said it is clearly on the same wavelength as Cloughie...

Don't get me wrong I like Cywka

BUT

He however does put his head down with the ball does not lift his head up to look for a pass until the pass that was on has gone. He runs into blind alleys and loses the ball where he shouldn't. I know some will say he tackles to get it he puts effort in and I am not disputing this fact.

BUT

Anyone who played football as a kid are told let the ball do the work. Instead of pass and move he likes to dribble there. A number of times where there is the opportunity to pass inside, then beat his man through the return ball and a cross goes in early is wasted because he does not look for the simple movement. Once he has developed that then he has to be first choice.

Don't get me wrong I like Cywka

BUT

He however does put his head down with the ball does not lift his head up to look for a pass until the pass that was on has gone. He runs into blind alleys and loses the ball where he shouldn't. I know some will say he tackles to get it he puts effort in and I am not disputing this fact.

he made the pass for Robinson's goal

BUT

Anyone who played football as a kid are told let the ball do the work. Instead of pass and move he likes to dribble there. A number of times where there is the opportunity to pass inside, then beat his man through the return ball and a cross goes in early is wasted because he does not look for the simple movement. Once he has developed that then he has to be first choice.

Not too many have the skill to dribble and take people on...and thats what gets the fans on their feet.

i love threads like this where a bunch of folks who are not football managers and have probably never met the players on our team, never mind worked with them every day, describe how they, in their infinite wisdom, would do things differently to Nigel Clough who IS a football manager and who DOES work with the players every day.

Funnier than a Black Adder Christmas special. Keep it up.

:rolleyes:

;) But this is real life, not Championship Manager. You would not last a day boy. :rolleyes:

Is it deemed ridiculous if you think that you could? Although i'll have to give it about 15 years, not many players would listen to a 20 year old :D

Nigel has done a decent job with us. Not oustanding, but decent. I'm happy with him in charge, even if i'm a little peturbed by the amount of injuries we constantly pick up.

Also i doubt many of us could do much worse than our Nigel. :(

I could. Much worse. A few years back I coached ice hockey junior team for a few years. Played some as a kid but what I always wanted was to coach. Since I was ten or so I read every damn book about coaching I could find. Not only ice hockey also football, basketball, sports psychology, anything that could make me a better coach.

I got myself to coaching courses that was meant to people that already had coached. I noticed that I did pretty well in that group. In theory.

Then I started as an assistant coach. Every day I learned something new, every day I came better as a coach and every day I felt more stupid as I started to realize how much more there was still to learn. I got to coach alongside with a coach who had highest professional coach degree. The knowledge of the guy was amazing, simply amazing.

One big problem in coaching is that you know what the team should do with and without the ball, puck, whatever but how you get all the guys to do it the way they should. I´m happy that I ain´t Nigel.

Archived