Derby County getting political...

davenportram

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember Brian Clough supporting the miners in '84.

This typifies Derby for me, both the city and the club.

'Derby United' and 'Together We Are Derby!' are not just strap-lines they are true words.

I have always felt that I belong to the Club and that we are all one big extended family, which I know for a fact that I would not feel if I was born in say newcastle.

My mother sends me the Telegraph every monday, I was overjoyed to see 10 thousand take the streets in protest the weekend before last.

Carriage and Wagon site 1986 - 1994, where were you Boycie, I was B shop.

Also, where can I get a t-shirt?:D

I worked on the underground panel wiring shop? straight right as you entered the main gate. H shop? Think my dad was in B shop? he was a electrician working on the carriage wiring looms when I was there.

I was a *spit contractor, nobody cared for us, even though I was a paid up union member. Wasn't after I was let go, as they did nowt for me ever.

I worked on the underground panel wiring shop? straight right as you entered the main gate. H shop? Think my dad was in B shop? he was a electrician working on the carriage wiring looms when I was there.

I was a *spit contractor, nobody cared for us, even though I was a paid up union member. Wasn't after I was let go, as they did nowt for me ever.

Rebel Scum: Boycie....I am your father.

Boycie: No you're not...you rebel scum.

It writes itself.

It's not just the club's agenda to help one of its main financial supporters, but it's an obligation to support an industry that provides a total of 20,000 jobs in Derby, many that are filled by fans. Supporting the town's industry gives the club a good image.

I have to say, i completely agree with this action, this to me, epitomizes what a real football club is about, being used by the local community, for the local community to make things better in the city, whether by getting everyone together on a saturday afternoon to watch football or backing something which could save thousands of jobs, not just at bombardier but at all the other firms which will lay off staff as a result of this action. Good on the club and good on nigel.

So it's not a gimick by the yanks to make money and keep us happy clapping? :rolleyes:

Rebel Scum: Boycie....I am your father.

Boycie: No you're not...you rebel scum.

It writes itself.

Brilliant!:D

Sorry to hear that you were treated like that Boycie, (I was a Trade Union Rep at the time). There was possibly a 'siege mentality' at the time.

So it's not a gimick by the yanks to make money and keep us happy clapping? :rolleyes:

I think it is something that they believe the club should get involved in, many of the fans will work for bombardier or other companies that will be affected by bombadier losing this contract and that probably played a part, however i believe this is what a club is about, making a difference within the community and it being there to help glue the community together. Not just a football match.

My dad was probably your dad's boss!

Think my old man was the last man out when they shut carriage and wagon.

Brilliant!:D

Sorry to hear that you were treated like that Boycie, (I was a Trade Union Rep at the time). There was possibly a 'siege mentality' at the time.

Did you used to ride around on a bike between shops giving "brother and sister" rally calls?

anyone been in their reception?......full of management ****** like employee of the month

when you get to meet their young execs its quite depressing

clueless i'm afraid.

Boycie,

me dad was over on the Loco works not C&W,

Got made redundant in 89.

my bad, :D

My dad was in the generator shop in the loco until then, then went to the C&G when the loco shut down.

New Orleans is probably where the shop was.

Archived