Dumb Bar staff

Hucknall Ram

The wife was telling me today that one of her mates that she works with got ID in one of the local Hucknall pubs, she is over 18 and thought no problem and used her provisional driving license, "sorry I can't accept that" said the bar man, "why" says the girl, "Because your not qualified to drive"

Needless to say they left, and making a complaint.

I don't think I have heard anything so stupid.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had heard that it was going to be done like that now.

Didn't think anyone would actually enforce it though.

Remember reading a story about an elderly man getting ID'd buying alcohol from a supermarket. Might of been Iceland or Tesco?

They came back with "we ID everyone".

My mum quit her job in Wilkinsons? Wilkos? Whatever it's called because she was asked to ID everyone who bought deodrant etc. She did it for a bit but just quit after a while. Are there 15yr old kids out there trying to score some Lynx on the streets?

Common sense please!

A couple of 18 year old friends of mine were buying a bit of booze at Tesco a few weeks back. Both got ID'd, and then the Tesco worker suspected them of coming in the car so followed them out to the car park, ID'd the 18 year old driver waiting in the car for them, who didn't have his ID and so they were all refused and made to take stuff back.

The wife was telling me today that one of her mates that she works with got ID in one of the local Hucknall pubs, she is over 18 and thought no problem and used her provisional driving license, "sorry I can't accept that" said the bar man, "why" says the girl, "Because your not qualified to drive"

Needless to say they left, and making a complaint.

I don't think I have heard anything so stupid.

That is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever read!! As you know I am a manager of a pub, and that is wrong, drivers license (provisional included) passport and anything with the 'pass' logo on it can be accepted. Strangely enough a personal license (the license needed to sell alcohol) cannot be used to buy it?!?!?

A couple of 18 year old friends of mine were buying a bit of booze at Tesco a few weeks back. Both got ID'd, and then the Tesco worker suspected them of coming in the car so followed them out to the car park, ID'd the 18 year old driver waiting in the car for them, who didn't have his ID and so they were all refused and made to take stuff back.

That's hilarious :D

Serve them right for all of them not carrying their IDs

As for the original post, of course they're not going to let them in with a provisional licence.. If you're going to drink and drive at least be qualified to do it to at least stand a chance of not causing destruction.

The whole ID system is getting a bit out of hand and it can ruin your night. Was in weatherspoons the other night and the barmaid poured a ***** pint which has a 5 inch head on, when he asked for a top up they asked to see his ID again, and he got pretty annoyed and said something along the lines of 'this is ridiculous you just saw it you thick c**t' and we were all asked to leave our drinks and leave :/

My friend was saying she was refused booze in tesco because her 8 year old sister didn't have ID.

Tesco are numbnuts, went in with a mate couple years ago to get a crate. At the checkout she asked both of us for ID, he had his driving licence and was paying so I just kinda ignored her and watched a 30 stone beast of a woman in the next checkout.

Anyhow, I got asked for ID as well, didn't have any and she refused to serve us. Apparently Tesco say you have to look 30 or over and anyone with you has to carry ID. I told her what I thought of her and Tesco and we both left.

Outside my mate said go stay in the car I'll go back, 5 minutes later he came back beerless and pissing himself laughing.

Apparently the woman saw him at a checkout further down and ran down shouting don't serve that boy he's buying it for a minor.

Security came over and banned him from Tesco. Like I say numbnuts.

My missus got ID'd a couple of times in the village shop - needless to say she didn't have any on her with her being 40 an all that. My missus is nice looking but doesn't look like she's in her early twenties / late teens, she didn't even have make-up on on one occasion. To make it even more stupid she was buying that most favourite poison of choice for female underage drinkers - a couple of bottles of real ale.

Fair play to her though she fronted the shop keeper out on both occassions and came away with the goods - scarey lady when she wants to be :eek:

My brother got id for fags (when you had to be 16) at a petrol station, when he just pulled up in his car!

To be fair it's 18 for fags now.

I've been lucky on the rare times when I've forgotten my ID because usually the cashier recognises me or I'm wearing my Uni hoody so it would be ridiculous to think I was <18 if I was wearing that.

The whole ID system is getting a bit out of hand and it can ruin your night. Was in weatherspoons the other night and the barmaid poured a ***** pint which has a 5 inch head on, when he asked for a top up they asked to see his ID again, and he got pretty annoyed and said something along the lines of 'this is ridiculous you just saw it you thick c**t' and we were all asked to leave our drinks and leave :/

My friend was saying she was refused booze in tesco because her 8 year old sister didn't have ID.

The 'thick ****' bit is a bit harsh. :o

Where the fook has common sense gone? I got ID'd in Morrisons for a bottle of plonk a few months back. I had a couple of security cards on me I have for work which details my age and occupation amongst other things. Now I know its not valid ID but considering I look about 40, huge beerbelly with a face rougher than sandpaper, I thought that'd be enough. Was also ID'd in poundland about a year ago for buying lighters, I thought she was pulling my leg at first.

I know most pubs/clubs in Derby have a challenge 25, so if you look under 25 you will be id'd, but it is a load of rubbish, I am 25 and haven't been id'd for 6 years, I even got served when I was 17 and id'd without showing anything!!! There is no consistency and common sense with some people, and some do it to p155 off people because they are in bad mood or find it funny!! (I id chavy looking guys who walk round thinking they're hard in front of their girlfriend, it is funny watching their jaws drop like you asked them if the want an enlarger for their manhood!! :D

Archived