Dumb Bar staff

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reminds me of the Dara O'Briain bit where he's refused something because the ID card he showed had expired. "I'm still him!" says he.

He was brilliant in that show!! Was in tears at 1 point I was laughing that hard!!

You serve someone under age in a supermarket, you get sacked and fined. Wouldn't want to risk my job.

Used to work nights at Asda during my student days....the store i worked at were one TS fail away from having their liquor license revoked for the Xmas period. It's understandable really.

I'm a bit out of touch with them IDing everyone in a group when one is buying alcohol, never heard of this before. On what's grounds are they doing this? Surely they are selling to the 18+, and if they are buying for someone underage isn't it them liable, not the shop???

I'm a bit out of touch with them IDing everyone in a group when one is buying alcohol, never heard of this before. On what's grounds are they doing this? Surely they are selling to the 18+, and if they are buying for someone underage isn't it them liable, not the shop???

No, it is up to the shopkeepers to take reasonable steps to make sure that alcohol is not being bought on behalf of underage drinkers. A group if teenagers it wouldn't be unreasonable to think they ate going to share it.

Archived