Riggott Injury Tracker

Day

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

CHRIS Riggott is hoping his niggling Achilles tendon injury is now behind him as he looks to make an impact on his return to Derby County.

Derby-born Riggott signed a one-year deal with the Rams in the summer but the 31-year-old defender has been sidelined since appearing in a friendly at Crewe in pre-season.

He was back in action last night for the first time in two months and played 62 minutes for the Reserves in their 3-2 victory over Burton Albion Reserves at the Pirelli Stadium.

"I felt good," said Riggott afterwards.

"I enjoyed it out there and, hopefully, it will be the first of many games for me.

"I just need to play more games now, realistically about half a dozen because I have been out a long time."

Riggott, who started his career at Derby, has been plagued by injuries in recent years and underwent surgery on his back in April.

He was a free agent in the summer after leaving Cardiff in February and Derby offered him the chance to prove his fitness.

The Achilles injury was a setback.

"I was hoping it was going to be one of those that eased off but it was the opposite," said Riggott.

"I'm not going to lie – it has been testing time because you come back with such high hopes and you think you have turned a corner.

"I know it is normal to get one or two niggles but, hopefully, that is the last of mine.

"The plan now is to get as many minutes under my belt as quickly as possible.

"The international break coming up doesn't particularly help me. It would be nice if there was another reserve game next week but it's not to be.

"I will get in a few days training and, hopefully, kick on."

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-13425892-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisder...tail/story.html

"I just need to play more games now, realistically about half a dozen because I have been out a long time."

yes thats my guess too.....6

probably the last 6 games before the play offs

• 1 month later...

Archived