Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

I see boateng talking to the ref after he had already got his red out. Decision already made before we "surrounded" the poor referee. Are you saying we shouldn't talk to the ref? Schmeichel was an idiot and deserved to go for that. And the " I didn't realise I was booked" argument is a load of crap

Schmeichel was walking away from the ref when he was given the yellow.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, the ref should of called him back to show the yellow. Thought the second yellow was harsh as well. How many times do you see defenders boot the ball away after a penalty has been scored.

Leicester still threw it away, they didn't have long to park the bus and defend the lead.

He threw it towards the dugouts by the looks of it.

Thing is though the ref can easily cancel out the effects of any timewastinig by just adding time on at the end, so it always amazes me when they take exception to it. On Saturday they spent that much time @r$ing about complaining to the ref that they probably ended up wasting more time than they would have done otherwise anyway.

He threw it towards the dugouts by the looks of it.

Thing is though the ref can easily cancel out the effects of any timewastinig by just adding time on at the end, so it always amazes me when they take exception to it. On Saturday they spent that much time @r$ing about complaining to the ref that they probably ended up wasting more time than they would have done otherwise anyway.

Who forest? No Leicester were the only ones timewasting. 5 minutes extra added on wasnt with all the injury feigning they did too

Don't blame for timewasting, given that they were wrongly only 2-1 ahead, and wrongly down to 10 men. A decent ref and that game would still have been dead and buried for the last 10 minutes. Instead, a BS penalty, and a BS sending off. Just about the only conceivable way that Forest were ever getting anything out of that game.

Apparently, forest improved when Miller came on for Findlay......either way they were very, very lucky to snatch a draw, never a penalty.

Exciting game though.....for a relegation battle...:p:D

Duno where you got that from mate?! Findley and miller came on at the same time and changed our performance [sIZE=1](Although it wasnt difficult to do that)[/sIZE] But miller looks a real handful and the partnership with findley could be a good one.

Duno where you got that from mate?! Findley and miller came on at the same time and changed our performance [sIZE=1](Although it wasnt difficult to do that)[/sIZE] But miller looks a real handful and the partnership with findley could be a good one.

You looked far better with that pair on, which makes it even more bemusing that he keeps starting McGoldrick and Derbyshire, who frankly, both looked sh1te.

You looked far better with that pair on, which makes it even more bemusing that he keeps starting McGoldrick and Derbyshire, who frankly, both looked sh1te.

Dont get me started on mcgoaldrought! It does my bloody head in when i see him starting; has never done owt at forest and is simply not good enough. Derbyshire missed an absolute sitter of a header which he didnt even make contact with but he lacks match sharpness so not going to judge him yet. If mcclaren hasnt learnt from saturday that findley and miller is the way to go then we have problems!

In that excellent piece on Forest's finances (such as they are)

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/08/nottingham-forest-shadows-and-tall.html?utm_source=BP_recent

it states

In a recent interview, Doughty indicated the club’s future direction when talking about its youth policy, “What is coming out of the academy may help us, when it comes to financial fair play, because those players are not going to be as expensive. We have a wonderful conveyer belt of young players coming through. Not just one or two or half a dozen, but maybe as many as a dozen good prospects, many playing internationally already.

Is this really true or is he on something?

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/08/nottingham-forest-shadows-and-tall.html?utm_source=BP_recent

it states

In a recent interview, Doughty indicated the club’s future direction when talking about its youth policy, “What is coming out of the academy may help us, when it comes to financial fair play, because those players are not going to be as expensive. We have a wonderful conveyer belt of young players coming through. Not just one or two or half a dozen, but maybe as many as a dozen good prospects, many playing internationally already.

Depends on his definition of 'many' I guess.

Well Derby have changed a lot since Savage left !

Well yes, we finally have players in there that have greater mobility than Stephen Hawking! :D

With Burnley next, and then Coventry away after that I think it's probably Forest where we'll get a proper test of how far we've come. We'll see.

it states

Very much true! There are some potential gems coming through our academy and on verge of first team already! That side of things is looking very promising.

Very much true! There are some potential gems coming through our academy and on verge of first team already! That side of things is looking very promising.

How's that lad that Arsenal were interested in coming along?

Is he still on track?

Your youth academy does throw up a fair few decent players. You'll just be hoping they get their chance. Some managers don't have the patience or enthusiasm for long term prospects. Some managers are with teams not in a position to be able to introduce youth prospects.

Wonder what sort of chance your batch of promising youngsters that Doughty mentioned will get.

Suprised that apparent bid from Arsenal was turned down. That was supposedly decent money for a club that could do with getting a bit of cash back in. Your fans patience might get tested in a couple of years time. You might be where we were/are. Frustrated by a naive/inexperienced but exciting gathering of youngsters. Capable of astounding performances and clueless displays alike.

Archived