Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I was saying is that under your latest ownership you will always be a boring club as your owners are content with mid table or lower finishes as long a it's not in the bottom 3... You're not going to get promote under your current owners and that's fact, they are happy with mid table, no ambition whatsoever.

Until last season Nigel's mandate was to keep us in the Championship while we completely overhauled the squad and trimmed the budget by about 75%.

Last season it was to push for the top 6. Didn't make it, but we achieved our best season since our last promotion season. This time around, it'll be to push on again after tinkering with the squad over the summer.

Our approach had been organic and sustainable improvement. Forest's 'big bang' approach - how exactly did that work for you last season? You rack up debt faster than most third world countries. You were lucky to shirk your financial responsibilities once, I'd be careful about going down that route too many more times. Doughty was a fan, a generous fan, and luckily for you, his family stuck by you, but the platitudes made by your new owners are no different to those made to Pompey fans by a succession of incompetent owners over the past decade.

And for all the money thrown at your problem - either in transfer fees or wages, where does it get you? Last year you were beaten by an Academy graduate and a player recruited from non-league on a free.

As long as we beat you every time we play, I don't care.

This is the crux of it - after years of mediocrity you lot have now developed a small team mentality. Beating us is as good as it gets for you.

Personally, I'd happily lose twice to Derby if it meant we got promotion.

TBH I preferred it when you had some ambition.

This is the crux of it - after years of mediocrity you lot have now developed a small team mentality. Beating us is as good as it gets for you.

wow

obsession right there.

derbys game consists of 2 games against us then, poor show

Really?

Still to learn Boycie's sense of humour

oh dear, oh dear, when will you learn

Well of course this is the prevalent Forest attitude - I wouldn't expect anything less from a side that's only beaten us 5 times in two decades.

Beating Leeds every season is fun too.

What I was saying is that under your latest ownership you will always be a boring club as your owners are content with mid table or lower finishes as long a it's not in the bottom 3... You're not going to get promote under your current owners and that's fact, they are happy with mid table, no ambition whatsoever.

Its your opinion fella, not fact.

What is fact is that you lot are worried to death that the "Derby way" may just work. Just think how unbearable we'll be when it does...

Are they even on? Pretty sure most of us have said we'd be happy with mid table

I doubt the fans who sit behind the dug out will be happy with mid table.

To finish mid table involved some serious bad patches for us, and the ***** hit the fan at the time, but we knew what the plan was.

I'm not sure most red dogs heard or listened to the Arabs long term plan.

The average cocky red dog just heard "rich Arab"

Archived