Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See after a nightmare season your expectations suddenly become that much more realistic, and that much less ambitious. Our premiership season was a nightmare season of epic (almost sod epic) proportions, and it's come with similarly epic hangover. We did well not to get a double relation after that (thanks billy). Your last season was pretty small fry compared to that.

I wonder where you'll stand after a couple of seasons of mediocrity. Will you be happy with what you've got, considering it was almost a lot worse. Or will you still be dreaming of winning that european cup one not time? Only time will tell, cos I'll tell you now, mediocrity is the best you can hope for for the next few seasons, not just this coming season.

What a load of ********, just because you've spent the last few seasons finishing lower to mid table, does not mean in any way that we will go the same way. Your owners are content with doing average and you have to accept that, our owners from what we've seen and heard so far, actually want to get out of this league.

There has not been one action from your owners that show they want to get out of this league, none whatsoever. They are content with the club being a steady championship club, no ambition.

What a load of ********, just because you've spent the last few seasons finishing lower to mid table, does not mean in any way that we will go the same way. Your owners are content with doing average and you have to accept that, our owners from what we've seen and heard so far, actually want to get out of this league.

There has not been one action from your owners that show they want to get out of this league, none whatsoever. They are content with the club being a steady championship club, no ambition.

Source?

Your talking like your used to finishing above us! 2 play off seasons under a cracking manager in this division has clouded your memory.

You don't know where your headed. How can you?

New defence, new manager, new owners.

And what evidence do you have that your owners are happy to do any different. As far as I can tell (and I know you're going to prove me wrong) they've not spent much more than the Gunter money.

Yes, it all went wrong for Leicester, but at least there owners showed intent. Yours are being sensible, there's nothing wrong with that, they're steadying the ship. But you've got zero evidence that they'll pump in any investment for a promotion push for next season or any season after.

A lot of clubs and owners (not finding a source) look at our business model with envy. and while I rub my psychic left *******, I see that your owners are probably one of them.

The only way either of us are getting promoted is through good, steady managers, working hard, finding the occasional diamond, and getting a whole lot of divine help.

The only difference between us is, we're further along in our process, and it's mostly working. You've hot a good couple of seasons to get tithe heady height of 12th, and I doubt your fans have got the patience to stay the course.

Started rambling a bit there, but I think there's a point hidden in there somewhere.

Your previous owner spunked £70m of his own money on buying the dream. It didn't work out for him and Forest ended up struggling to survive once again (he'd already seen his club relegated during his tenure). throwing unlimited money at it is not guaranteed to work.

A slow, patient, strengthening of the club from the foundations up may turn out to be the only sustainable way. As ever, time will tell.

Mr. Doughty (and his estate), have written off the money, given the Kuwaiti's a debt free club that would otherwise have gone into liquidation. Nobody would have paid the £70m to clear the debt then put money into the team on top.

You have been very lucky, but to then take a swipe at us for doing it by trying to pay our way is a bit fookin rich if you ask me.

You and Leicester should be very grateful you have owners who can afford to throw money on an attempt at a quick promotion to the promised land of the Premiership.

Despite your wealth though, I have a feeling that we wont be a million miles apart this season.

Archived