Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

Having said that i have him in my championship fantasy football team. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

You better have some Derby players in there as well then to make up for this severe act of treachery. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to give them some support on this matter tbh.

Cox- a lot of money, but him and Blackstock up top should be decent.

Collins and Harding- good signings for the right price

Guediora- decent CM. not a stylish footballer obviously, but is the type of player they need.

Halford- ***** at LB, ***** at RB and ***** at CB. But at least he's consistent.....consistently *****,admittedly, but consistent none the less.

The two Kuwaiti lads- LOL.

Gillett- meh. Nothing special at all.

Ayala- will do the job.

I think that is a fair asessment, which is reasonably un-bias.

Freeman is thought to be our second best prospect and has been linked with Notts. I don't think O'Driscoll rates him otherwise we would have extended his contract at the same time with Lascelles.

I also don't think Derby is the best idea for him though, neither is Notts.

Second best prospect and your willing to let him leave - when you have hardly any cover in his position. I'd be more than annoyed if I was a forest fan.

Why sell? Do they need the money?

There's been rumors that he's done something 'very stupid', but I doubt that. The real reason imo is Freeman thinks after his loan spell at Notts he thinks he wants big wages and first team football, but I don't think we can promise him that. He's not happy at us, and if he wants to go then he can go, I'd be much more concerned if this was Lascelles.

In all seriousness though I think the managerial appointment at forest nowadays has become largely irrelevant. For so many years the club has been engrained within mediocrity and averageness that it simply cannot escape from it.

McClaren came to Forest on a high after rebuilding his reputation in winning the Eredivisie with FC Twente and then promptly lost it all over again at forest.

BD had previously taken an average Derby side and got them promoted at the first attempt - he then took on an average forest side and, well, failed to replicate.

Cotterill couldn't find his arse with both hands let alone the winning formula to turn forest's fortunes around.

O'Driscoll did a decent job at a small club in Doncaster, but in all probabilty will be no different to anything that has gone before him at forest, who will ultimately finish anonymously in lower mid-table.

Admittedly this may be similar to us, but then again at least we have experienced promotion from the Championship within the past decade, have reached a league cup semi-final and have recently presided over a league double over the red dogs as well - all of this during a pretty average stage in our club's history.

During the same time period forest have been relegated from the Championship and then only just about managed to scramble back up again to our level at the umpteenth attempt......no comparison really.

in fairnesss to that **** billy was doing well with top 6 each time....

In all seriousness though I think the managerial appointment at forest nowadays has become largely irrelevant. For so many years the club has been engrained within mediocrity and averageness that it simply cannot escape from it.

McClaren came to Forest on a high after rebuilding his reputation in winning the Eredivisie with FC Twente and then promptly lost it all over again at forest.

BD had previously taken an average Derby side and got them promoted at the first attempt - he then took on an average forest side and, well, failed to replicate.

Cotterill couldn't find his arse with both hands let alone the winning formula to turn forest's fortunes around.

O'Driscoll did a decent job at a small club in Doncaster, but in all probabilty will be no different to anything that has gone before him at forest, who will ultimately finish anonymously in lower mid-table.

Admittedly this may be similar to us, but then again at least we have experienced promotion from the Championship within the past decade, have reached a league cup semi-final and have recently presided over a league double over the red dogs as well - all of this during a pretty average stage in our club's history.

During the same time period forest have been relegated from the Championship and then only just about managed to scramble back up again to our level at the umpteenth attempt......no comparison really.

in fairnesss to that **** billy was doing well with top 6 each time....

Archived