Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You started me off now, when did you win a major trophy last?

Was it before us or after us?:D, and were you even born?:D

Again, playoff trophy - £60m. Pretty major.

Forest - .........erm? Dunno, sometime when dinosaurs still roamed the Earth? :D

"Manchester City's Brazilian striker Jo has left Eastlands to sign for Internacional in his homeland.

The 24-year-old joined City from CSKA Moscow in 2008 for a fee of around £18m and scored six goals in 41 appearances.

Jo, who has been capped three times by Brazil, also spent loan spells at Everton and Galatasaray but struggled to find the form he enjoyed in Russia.

He was mostly used as a substitute in his last season with City and made 23 appearances, scoring three goals."

Looks like the rumours of Jo going to forest were false

;)

Whoever would come up with such rumours... I wonder.

Was never on the cards that one.

Two big strikes against him as far as Forest are concerned;

1) Young

2) Has scored goals at international level

They're pinning their hopes on someone who hasn't scored for the United States in 4 years of trying......:rolleyes:

I am very happy with the Boateng signing, think that one is a duffer although think Greening will be a consistently good player for Forest, won't be a shining star but will be solid in midfield, I just hope they stay away from Routledge because he would be good, very good!

Overall I am happy with these signings from Forest, think they're going in the wrong direction, but that is my personal opinion. :D

When you go for players who have done it in the past looking for their last contract in the game, you tend up end up with some below average big name on good money.

Not quite the valuation some deluded gumps had in mind...........

Swansea have made a £1.5million bid for Nottingham Forest keeper Lee Camp - but will have to offer more.

The Premier League new boys presented their improved package yesterday, but Forest want them to have yet another try because £250,000 of the proposed fee is based on the Welsh club avoiding instant relegation from the top flight.

Forest will sell the Northern Ireland international for the right price and the clubs are edging closer to a deal - with Camp also keen on a shot at the top flight with Swansea if the deal can be sorted out.

Swans manager Brendan Rodgers is racing against time to get Camp on board and hopes his board can pump more cash into the guaranteed payments.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Swansea-fail-improved-1-5m-offer-Lee-Camp-Nottingham-Forest-keeper-article773282.html#ixzz1SjbiP24W

In all seriousness i think Forest fans will be furious is they sell Camp. And quite rightly so.

They have ambitions on making the PL. If you feel it's within arms reach you don't sell your key players for anything other than ridiculous offers. What's his replacement? He's a complete c0ck. But he's a good keeper.

I don't think Camp is worth much more than what Swansea are offering. I have no idea how any Keeper can be valued anything above 2 or 3m. But i can understand why the fans are wanting a silly price tag on him. If someone is stupid enough to pay it, then you can spend a few mil on reaching that PL dream. If they accept these bids is that going to get them any closer to the PL? Probably not because some of that 1.5m would have to go on a keeper as good as Camp. So you can write off 5-700k straight away. Gives them a few hundred grand to make a better team than last season and the season before. They've not even got a decent LB.

If Camp goes for 1.5m...... i'd say Doughty is admitting defeat this season. Probably fancies his chances next year if the Champ is a bit weaker. But that wont work either. It needed to be last season for them.

Really think we're both headed in different directions. (maybe that's my biased Ram opinion?)

Greening will be a decent signing though.

Anyway, enough serious talk.

Reid is fat. Boateng hasn't signed for you. He's signed for "Forrest". What division are they? He's probably to old for them anorl.

Average age of squad was 24.

Adding 2 or three pieces of experience does not make this squad an ageing team, sorry to disappoint.

One situation that has been overlooked, the experience will rub off on our young guns, and we have as many as Derby have, but are more experienced and arguable far better.

Find another excuse, ready for the season.:D

Archived