Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

Or maybe he doesn't want to feel like he is betraying Wolves by taking charge of us like he said in the interview?

Think it'll backfire on him anyway, I can't see many Prem clubs queuing up for him in the next few months.

The primary reason is that I want to get a job in the Premier League.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, you 3 guys who post on here are reasonableish......but i had a gump at work singing "we're in the money" when the Kuwaiti's took over (he thought they were saudis, but thats another story) 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I had to listen to all sorts of ***** about who you were gonna sign, top prem players etc, until the kuwaiti gentleman made that statement about Kuwait players coming over. He's not spoken to me since!

Please forgive us if we continue to laugh at you while you have deluded fans like that about. TBF the gump in question only went last season when there was a special offer on, kids for a quid, two for a tenner and the like....

he didn't miss many............ 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

TBF to Forest, they have signed some half decent defenders with good experience behind them.

Shortly after appointing SoD I was thinking they wont sign anyone but kuwaitie internationals before the season, and they will have no defenders!!!!

At this rate Forest might almost do as well as us next season

I love how derby fans automatically assumed we all thought we'd be signing the likes of Ronaldo just because we got some supposedly rich foreign owners.

I think you'll find almost all of us said we would take mid table and sensible signings with good football. Looks like we might be on for that 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I think you may have been spending too much time on this board and not enough on your own - even from way over here all I got from my NFFC mates was a load of big talk about who you were going to sign and how you would be spending massively before the ffp rules came into force. I don't think the owners helped with talk of their "iconic" manager talk or the media with constant references to the multiple billions this family had and comparisons with Citeh but to claim that there were not a lot of Forest Fans (and in fairness success starved Forest fans who were worried about the future of their club and still think NFFC deserve a place in the top tier based on performances 30 years ago) who were expecting big name signings is a barefaced lie.

Now I am not saying we would not have done exactly the same and gotten carried away in the circumstances - and before it is raised I know we have not had much success in the last 30 years either - but you have to expect to take a bit of stick after the signings that have been made (some of which I think are quite good btw) and not just deny that the higher expectations were ever there.

On Dave's point about Derby selling and NFFC signing - Chambers, Lynch, Mccleary, Gunter, Anderson all gone for one reason or another. Many have gone on a free although I would deduce from his reasoning (if you could call it that) is that it is OK to lose players at the end of their contract (like Earnshaw) but not to lose them with a year to go, even if they have refused a new contract.

He also seems to make a big deal about us losing our joint top scorer with 12 - well we had 2 players who scored 12 and we are keeping the other one - Forest's top scorer scored 9, his name was Mccleary so you are keeping him I guess.....maybe not....and the fee??

As for us losing Shacks, our captain and no.2 in our POTY awards - you have lost your Captain and the guys who finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd in your POTY awards - Things are by no means perfect at Derby but to claim you guys have it so much better is naive at best.

So far our team is looking like this....

----------------------------------CAMP----------------------------

HALFORD-------LASCELLES-----COLLINS-----HARDING

MCGUGAN--------COHEN--------GUEDIERA---------REID

----------------------------MAJEWSKI--------------------------

--------------------------BLACKSTOCK-----------------------

with around many more signings more to come and these below all with something to prove...

miller

derbyshire

moussi

findley

freeman

maloney

if someone could put down derbys team as i havent got a clue, im willing to bet ours is looking much better so far....

with around many more signings more to come and these below all with something to prove...

miller

derbyshire

moussi

findley

freeman

maloney

if someone could put down derbys team as i havent got a clue, im willing to bet ours is looking much better so far....

So you have signed 3 rejects for your defense and suddenly it's all rosey. SOD said he needed six.

Linked to no big names

Spent nothing apart from Gunters fee

No strength in depth in defense and Moussi given number 6 ( kind if implies that he's going to be CH)

SOD was their for your amazing 8 wins from January to the end of the season - real big impact on your form.

miller

derbyshire

moussi

findley

freeman

maloney

So essentially then, this much better team you have listed is the very same one that finished way below us last year......plus Greg Halford........oh dear!

Who are Derby after that we should talk about ?

Forest are building & S O D will get us playing good football

We have a pipeline in to other markets

Derby are selling

Forest are signing

Who will finish on top this season ?

Who will put their money where their mouth is ?

Chirst, 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> Derby are selling - we've replaced the players who've left and as it stands spent more than we've received Forest still in the green aren't they with the gunter money, brought you Halford, Collins and Guedioura which in fairness is a good return on what was a very over-rated, average full back!

Don't care how much we've spent, or the trees, what matters is how good the team is. And I think we're better placed than them. But I am a bit biased.

Looking on paper from the outside you would say Forest because our players were signed from lesser teams! That is the truth, but, if we finish below Forest this season I will happily resign my season ticket for the 13/14 season - I am confident.

I think the obvious thing with our team is that they have come from no-where, we signed Naylor from Mansfield however, on last seasons viewing if he had played instead of Green at Right Back we would of been a hell of a lot closer to the play-offs, players like Bucko get a hard time, but always said if he moved to another championship club and lost the tag 'guy that used to play for burton' then he would be rightfully be considered a very good defender at this level that rarely lets the side down. Not to mention the youth players we have coming through in bulk - that aren't universally known, but we've seen what they can do. I will give Forest their due, on fifa they'd be considered better - on the green grass inside a stadium they wouldn't cope!

And Ward, you know, the guy who made Gunter, Majewski and Camp look like the clueless ***** that they are.

Besides, who needs an over-abundance of strikers when we have midfielders who can crack them in from outside the box (Hendrick), and defenders who can poach them from inside the six yard box (Buxton).

Odd, I'd have thought you would have remembered those three - perhaps you've just pushed them to the furthest recesses of your mind. Probably a good idea.

Archived