Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

A big club isn't about how many fans you get through the doors.. Nottm Forest and Derby County are both small-time regardless of fans..

IMO a big club is a club that can attract big players and have the money to push on and play European football.. Ones that are recognised by Europeans elite and ones that regularly play at the top level.

Teams like Stoke, Swansea, Fulham and West Ham are far bigger than us.. They have the pull to buy players for $10mill+.. Swansea had a player of Siguirdssons quality and would have bought him for $7mill if it wasn't for Rodgers going to Liverpool... We haven't had a player of that quality or that price in years.. We're miles away from that.

Have we really sold 17,000 season tickets? I thought attendances were dwindling? They look to be roughly the same every year since 2009

So do you finally admit that Chelsea are a big club? And their players are quality as they paid alot of money for them?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A big club isn't about how many fans you get through the doors.. Nottm Forest and Derby County are both small-time regardless of fans..

IMO a big club is a club that can attract big players and have the money to push on and play European football.. Ones that are recognised by Europeans elite and ones that regularly play at the top level.

Teams like Stoke, Swansea, Fulham and West Ham are far bigger than us.. They have the pull to buy players for $10mill+.. Swansea had a player of Siguirdssons quality and would have bought him for $7mill if it wasn't for Rodgers going to Liverpool... We haven't had a player of that quality or that price in years.. We're miles away from that.

Have we really sold 17,000 season tickets? I thought attendances were dwindling? They look to be roughly the same every year since 2009

bait cast.

Ha Ha Ha Ha, and you call me a Goon, so according to you, a team can be a big club one season, not a big club the season after, and a big club again the season after that.

You are a goon.. And where did I say that a big club can change from one season to another? You continue to quote me and say something completely different to what I've said.. In your own imagination, that makes you a goon..

Read what I put..

Stoke are bigger than us.. They have more pull, they pay top dollar, they are known around Europe, they have internationals, they can pay over $5mill a pop.. A team in The NPC can be the same, a team in NP1 can be the same.. When Leeds were in League 1 they still had more pull over almost of the NPC.. (hence Grayson leaving a promoted Blackpool for them)..

Derby don't have that pull.. So I'm not sure what fantasy land people live in that believe we're a big club.. We're not, we struggle to hang on to average NPC players and people couldn't give a f*ck how many fans come through the door..

Villareal have been a massive club and are known worldwide, they get like 15,000 to 22,000 a week.. They're now relegated, and they're still a big club.. So that dispells the myth where I say one can change from one seaosn to another.

So do you finally admit that Chelsea are a big club? And their players are quality as they paid alot of money for them?

Chelsea are a big club.. They were before Abramovic, hence having internationals like Poyet, Zola, Hasselbaink, Vialli, Petrescu, Desailly and De Goew play for them..

Their players are quality, where have I ever said they're not? They're quality in comparison to us and the rest of England, but they're a league behind the likes of Bayern, Barca and Real Madrid..

You are a goon.. And where did I say that a big club can change from one season to another? You continue to quote me and say something completely different to what I've said.. In your own imagination, that makes you a goon..

Read what I put..

Stoke are bigger than us.. They have more pull, they pay top dollar, they are known around Europe, they have internationals, they can pay over $5mill a pop.. A team in The NPC can be the same, a team in NP1 can be the same.. When Leeds were in League 1 they still had more pull over almost of the NPC.. (hence Grayson leaving a promoted Blackpool for them)..

Derby don't have that pull.. So I'm not sure what fantasy land people live in that believe we're a big club.. We're not, we struggle to hang on to average NPC players and people couldn't give a f*ck how many fans come through the door..

Villareal have been a massive club and are known worldwide, they get like 15,000 to 22,000 a week.. They're now relegated, and they're still a big club.. So that dispells the myth where I say one can change from one seaosn to another.

By that logic we were a bigger club than Stoke 5 years ago. You are talking current wealth not the overall size of a club. Although tbf its a pointless debate.

Conclusion is Derby are a big club, Mexican football is technically Blue Square North level at best and Forest are a sh!tty little club supported by a bunch of webbed feet deluded fools that enjoy a bit of incest after a night out at Hooters.

Oh and the women in Hooters are technically sexier than the average Mexican street walker.

Conclusion is Derby are a big club, Mexican football is technically Blue Square North level at best and Forest are a sh!tty little club supported by a bunch of webbed feet deluded fools that enjoy a bit of incest after a night out at Hooters.

Oh and the women in Hooters are technically sexier than the average Mexican street walker.

Dont hold back Dav , say what you really feel

Reports in the middle east this morning shed light on why a "rich" unnamed middle eastern gentleman is rumoured to be interested in English Championship soccer team "Notts" Forest.

Secret bore holes had been drilled into the soccer club's pitch at the City Ground when the playing surface was replaced recently.

The soil and rock samples have been sent away for analysis, with local people speculating on the prospect of oil being found deep below the Nottingham Football Club, which is situated just outside the city boundaries.

The once European Champions from way back when it was really east to win the cup, refuse to comment stating " we have no idea of what's going on, who's doing what, and what to do next", the press department added " we don't know anything about the new owners or this oil ****** either"

Meanwhile, news of the possible takeover by a rich "Man Citeh" type owner has resulted in a stampede for renewing and new season ticket sales. Up to press, 3000 tickets were sold with chairman Frank Clark spraying " we have beaten last years total all ready!"

More news will follow as it is released.

I wouldn't believe everything you read on a forum. We've suffered the usual drop after relegation but last year's avg attendance was in a gnat's arse of the year before, 26,020 vs 26,023.

I would guess after a better showiong last year we may even have a increase this coming year, fingers crossed. Plus the new demand-pricing, who knows what effect that will have?

Reports in the middle east this morning shed light on why a "rich" unnamed middle eastern gentleman is rumoured to be interested in English Championship soccer team "Notts" Forest.

Secret bore holes had been drilled into the soccer club's pitch at the City Ground when the playing surface was replaced recently.

The soil and rock samples have been sent away for analysis, with local people speculating on the prospect of oil being found deep below the Nottingham Football Club, which is situated just outside the city boundaries.

The once European Champions from way back when it was really east to win the cup, refuse to comment stating " we have no idea of what's going on, who's doing what, and what to do next", the press department added " we don't know anything about the new owners or this oil ****** either"

Meanwhile, news of the possible takeover by a rich "Man Citeh" type owner has resulted in a stampede for renewing and new season ticket sales. Up to press, 3000 tickets were sold with chairman Frank Clark spraying " we have beaten last years total all ready!"

More news will follow as it is released.

In more news, the made up figure of 3,000 season tickets sold, that small minded Derby County fans treat as gospel, if true, reports suggest that the revenue made from the 3,000 season tickets sold will still be greater than that of minnows Derby County who are rumoured to have had 17,000 season tickets sold with roughly 95% of them given away with a mobile phone contract, with the deal the small club has with the mobile phone company supplying the season tickets running out next year, it is likely that attendances next season will fall dramatically, this is predicted because when Derby fans have to pay for their tickets at away games, their attendances are notoriously poor, unlike their neighbours Nottingham Forest.

In more news, the made up figure of 3,000 season tickets sold, that small minded Derby County fans treat as gospel, if true, reports suggest that the revenue made from the 3,000 season tickets sold will still be greater than that of minnows Derby County who are rumoured to have had 17,000 season tickets sold with roughly 95% of them given away with a mobile phone contract, with the deal the small club has with the mobile phone company supplying the season tickets running out next year, it is likely that attendances next season will fall dramatically, this is predicted because when Derby fans have to pay for their tickets at away games, their attendances are notoriously poor, unlike their neighbours Nottingham Forest.

Bloody creative journalism

In more news, the made up figure of 3,000 season tickets sold, that small minded Derby County fans treat as gospel, if true, reports suggest that the revenue made from the 3,000 season tickets sold will still be greater than that of minnows Derby County who are rumoured to have had 17,000 season tickets sold with roughly 95% of them given away with a mobile phone contract, with the deal the small club has with the mobile phone company supplying the season tickets running out next year, it is likely that attendances next season will fall dramatically, this is predicted because when Derby fans have to pay for their tickets at away games, their attendances are notoriously poor, unlike their neighbours Nottingham Forest. Who's supporters state that we travel away a lot as the City Ground is a cold miserable shed that is falling down, and any excuse to get out of Notts where the principle factors for teh away support

I finished the quote off for you, careful not to miss out detail....

I wouldn't believe everything you read on a forum. We've suffered the usual drop after relegation but last year's avg attendance was in a gnat's arse of the year before, 26,020 vs 26,023.

So the doom and gloom at the start of the season about falling attendances (yes, YR, I'm looking in your direction) were completely misguided?

Archived